1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you handle being sick/having a cold?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

So, I've been Sick.

How do you handle being sick? What's the worst thing about a cold to you?

The worst for me is a sore throat, I HATE sore throats. I always get them when I get sick. It's the worst IMO

I normally just do daily stuff but, this time I'm bed ridden

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate when your nose gets all dry and irritated from blowing your nose so much :/
    I normally just wait for it to pass while staying toasty and getting as much sleep and drinking as much water as possible :slight_smile:

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with you. I hate sore throats, especially as someone who is so into food. Having no desire to eat food is a bummer and having every time I swallow be painful sucks. Luckily for me the sore throat doesn't seem to last much longer than a day.

Second least favorite is the intense eye watering and burning. Can't stand that!

I can be kind of a wimp when sick, and prefer to lie in bed and have people wait on me :wink:

4. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hate when i have night sweats when i'm sick >.< when im sick im told im kinda needy :|

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As an athlete, being sick puts a damper on my performance in races and stuff. That's the main reason why I hate getting sick. I try to avoid sick people as much as possible, and when my friends are sick and I avoid touching them or drinking from their cups, they accuse me of being a "germ-phobe." Then I try and reason that I don't want my athletic performance compromised.

I also hate sore throats, like you.

To get rid of them, I take Zicam and drink lots of water.

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lie in bed and whine. Cuddle my dog. Splash water on my face if I'm feeling too warm.

7. hungrybisexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I beg my mom to make me soup and basically do everything for me. I don't know what I'm going to do when I grow up and have to move out.

:tears:

8. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I get sick once a year. It lasts about three days at most.

I do not like being sick. When it happens I begin a violent and unpleasant purging process. A bacterial blitzkrieg, if you will. Drinking metric assloads of water, huffing vicks vaporub like a schoolboy huffing glue, and relieving sore throats with a cough drop here and there and maybe even a spoonful of honey and lemon. I spend about a day constantly blowing my nose and hacking up nonsense and practically chugging water to get the little bastards out of me. This day is not fun. It is gross and uncomfortable and obnoxious. But after another day or so I'm usually back to baseline. I don't have time or patience for sickness to last any longer.

#8 Miles16, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cough drops and water.

Though I haven't had much a cold in years, luckily. Not since I've set my mind on washing/sanitizing my hands after using anything public (especially libraries and public computers).

10. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I've never not have a cold. What is this "health" I've heard so much about?

11. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't handle having a cold very well... they knock me out for at least a week or two! I'm pretty sure I moaned to every member here when I got sick recently. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sore throat has to be the worst, there's no way you can get away from that.

12. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I HATE it.

In fact, I am anxious when a family member is sick. Because I don't want to catch the sickness.

Maybe this is because I'm a singer.

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite frankly, I don't handle it. I tend to sleep a lot and zone out watching movies. I hate feeling sick! Can't stand it. It's one of the main reasons I cut down on alcohol.

I eat bananas when feeling nauseous. I drink hot Ribena when I get sore throats. That seems to help. I can't explain how it works.

The worst thing about a cold... well, it's not fun when your nose has become a tap. It really gets in my way. It's also annoying as hell to go through tons of tissues.

Sometimes I get colds, but I shake them off within a day or two. I've only had the flu once. My entire body hurt. My perception of time got f**ked up. Everything was moving in slow motion and my thoughts were at normal speed.

Actually, I'm so scared of getting sick, it encourages me to be a bit of a health freak. It pays off when the worst happens.

14. Notlad

I give up. If I'm not feeling 100% I'm just out of it.

15. elliot96

SOUP. Cold stuff helps too, sometimes when my tonsils are awful I have some icecream and go to bed for a bit and wake up feeling a bit better. I know how you feel, I've had a cough for a while now - it's so gross. Hang in there!

16. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Drink a 'tea' made by steeping freshly grated (or mashed-up) fresh ginger in just boiled water, straining it then adding some lemon juice and honey, and rest, lots of rest. If I'm too crook to even make the tea, just proper vitamin c powder mixed in purified water is good. But I actually avoid food at that time...I find the body takes the opportunity to do a bit of a 'cleanse' if, apart from making sure I'm hydrated, I basically fast from food for the duration. Very much speeds up the process of recovery. But I can't recall the last time I was sick, it's not happened for about a year, maybe? So I haven't had to worry about it.

#16 Damien, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  17. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same. But it sucks when you have no choice. I once had a bad cold during finals week. That was pure torture.

18. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally when I get sick i wind up coughing until my chest is sore to the point that I have trouble breathing. I'll usually go to work because I can't afford not to, but as soon as I get home I just want to go to bed and sleep. If I'm sick on a weekend i usually only leave the bed long enough to use the restroom and occasionally eat. Otherwise I just stay in bed and fade in and out of sleep.

19. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I admit that Im a complete wimp and cannot function when Im sick. (usually its just a sinus infection) Im popping cough drops every 10 minutes, drenched in Vicks VapoRub, and usually just stick tissues up my nose.

20. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I drink a heap of water and watch movies or tv shows in bed.

I hate the most besides being sick is missing out in school because I always get sick whenever I am stressed out becasue of school most of the time.