1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Wikia...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TrueColors, Dec 28, 2014.

1. TrueColors

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am an admin on gender.wikia.com and... vandals. /So many vandals./ I have /one/ rollback. One person that I can trust. But that is really not enough. I have other wikias that I am admins on... So I can't be constantly staring at the recent wiki activity watching for vandals. I was hoping somebody here could help because these vandals/trolls are really pissing me off. :bang:

On top of vandals, this one troll actually went onto another one of my wikis and /threatened to kill me./ Really.

#1 TrueColors, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. SomeLeviathan

IDK much about wikias but the folks who manage Welcome to Social Justice Wiki! - SJWiki had to do a lot of backend work and put in a lot of extentions to curb vandalism.

basically if you want to have a wikipedia or rationwliki esque wiki which anyone can edit, you have to expect vandalism and have a large community of vigilant editors to be able to reverse vandalism. If you don't have that, the only other real option is strict control of who can get accounts and edit.

#2 SomeLeviathan, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  3. TrueColors

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't control who gets accounts- as it is a public edit wiki hosted by wikia.com I am, however, hosting a discussion on discipline policies. Discipline Policies - Gender Wiki

4. SomeLeviathan

yeah wikia is notoriously bad at controlling vandalism.

I think gender.wikia might actually be linked on sjwiki.org at least somwhere.