1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The views on Androgyny

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grapewhisperer, Dec 30, 2014.

1. grapewhisperer

I currently look pretty androgynous, as I don't look particularly masculine or feminine, but when I walk home from school i walk past a primary school, and I hear kids say to there friends when I walk past, "is that a boy or a girl?" They laugh or look disgusted, and although it doesn't bother me personally, I wonder why kids aren't educated more on this and why they think that everyone is either a boy or a girl. Why is it hilarious or disgusting if someone looks androgynous. Does anyone else have similar experiences or thoughts?

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In this fashion show Marco Marco he had a model that was androgynous male. I really liked that he has models from all colors of the rainbow males,drag queens,androgynous queens,transgender queens so i can tell that the other shades of the rainbow are becoming more mainstream

I love all my brothers and sisters of the gay rainbow (&&&)

3. Emulator

Most people equate gender identity to gender expression and think that gender identity is limited to only two choices. If something's not a guy thing, it must be a girl thing and vice versa. For children it would likely be their upbringing that causes them to react in that way.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I think androgyny is sexy.

And really awesome. It puts a smile on my face when I see someone else breaking the gender norms.

Yes, I've had plenty of weird looks and whispers behind my back, considering I live in an area with many ignorant, closed minded people.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This.

I've been mistaken for female before, and even had others who were unsure, both online and offline. It's something poorly understood and little accepted, but I also find it a massive turn-on. Then again, I'm genderqueer with a preference for andro men and women, non-binary, and gender-variant folk in general.

6. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm still learning about androgyny. I think it's extremely hot too, however I'm not androgynous I just have my hair dressed kinda like a girl's and I wear skinny jeans. I have been mistaken for a girl a couple of times. One unforgettable time was when I was hit on by a country guy at Micky's (a local bar in my town) and I thought it was really hilarious and my friends laughed as well.