1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gays/Lesbians- Which did you more quickly realize?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YuriBunny, Dec 30, 2014.

?

Which did you more quickly realize?

1. That I was attracted to the same gender

67.1%
  2. That I was not attracted to the opposite gender

25.7%
  3. It took me the same amount of time to realize each

5.7%
  4. Other (Explain)

1.4%
  1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you more quickly realize that you were attracted to the same gender or that you were not attracted to the opposite gender?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I knew I like girls as a kid but I thought maybe I might learn to like the opposite gender or that my sexuality would change to like the opposite gender .

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was expecting to start liking girls, but then I started liking men. I was beginning to think I was bi, but after I realized I like men, I realized I didn't like girls.

4. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I first noticed I was attracted to girls (well, a girl) when I was 6. My only opposite gender crushes around this age were on cartoon characters, and frankly I'm not sure if Dogtanian and animated Beetlejuice even fit the standard definition of 'male'. :lol:

5. JustKat

It was pretty much both at the exact same time. I didn't like the thought of men, and I thought girls were hot.

6. cady

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I realized that I was attracted to the same gender first. I always assumed that eventually an attraction guys would come along so I didn't really pay attention to it as it wasn't anything unique or unexpected. But, an attraction to those of different genders was odd from what I initially assumed, so it definitely caught my attention.

7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, I figured out that I was attracted to guys first. I suppose until that moment, I always went on the assumption that I "just hadn't found the right girl" and that's why I didn't have a girlfriend. For some reason I think my mum would still try and tell me that even to this day. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew I was attracted to males since I was 5. I loved seeing their shirtless bodies on television. I wondered why men have good looking bodies and women did not, and if women ever wished they could look the way men did and got jealous. I did not "question my sexuality" because I didn't even know that there were other people who were equally attracted to women.
    When I got older (~ ages 10 to 12), I heard that guys like boobs. I wasn't attracted to female breasts at all, but figured that I would when I got older since that's what guys liked.

9. TheStormInside

It's taken me a really long time to realize either, though I realized first I wasn't really attracted to men, at least not in the same way or to the same degree most women seemed to be. Through Jr. High and High School I was pretty disinterested in guys. But I was also a geek and an introvert and pretty content hanging around my equally geeky friends for socialization. It did distress me to a degree that I didn't seem to be like everyone else and I felt there was some flaw in my personality or psyche. I eventually fell for a male friend in college and decided I must just be a *very* late bloomer, but even there certain aspects didn't really feel "right* and I considered I may be asexual or in the asexual spectrum. It's taken a long time for me to be willing to acknowledge all the evidence I ignored, that while I don't generally get the warm fuzzies for men, women can and have brought those feelings out in me.

10. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had never been able to get a girlfriend, but I didn't realize anything at that point. Eventually, the thoughts(which had been in the very back of my mind for years) slowly crept and made their way into my conscience. Basically I was like "Well guys are hot. Girls, kinda. Maybe I'm gay, maybe not, I don't know and I'll just let everything sort themselves out".

Then that turned into "Yep, I'm gay. I honestly should've seen this coming from 5 miles away. Welp, now what? I suppose I'll come out in a few years. I should be ok by then".

But less than a year after that conversation, I came out. Some of it was great. Some, not so much. But I'm glad I did it anyways.

11. SilencedMelody

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I was younger I thought that my attraction towards girls was just an extreme admiration and that I just wanted to be like them. I also tricked myself and everyone else into believing that I just didn't like any of the guys at my schoo; I hadn't met the right guy yet. Then a couple years ago I realized the "admiration" was something totally different. Just this past year I finally outgrew my denial and came to terms with the fact that I simply have no attraction towards men

12. the haunted

I knew I was attracted to girls since high school, but never considered myself bisexual. I just thought I was curious. I had boyfriends and I was attracted to them in a sense, but the whole sex thing didn't work out with men. I thought men were more attractive with clothes on, honestly.

13. ChameleonSoul

I started feeling attraction to the same sex in 9th grade, but I still felt attraction to the opposite sex for a while afterwards. I always assumed that gender just didn't matter to me, but would just have relationships with females. By the time I was in 11th grade though, the only attraction that I felt was towards males and realized that I was just in denial.

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly didn't think I was gay until a year or so after puberty kicked in. But, I lived a very sheltered (and heteronormative) life prior to that.

15. WallWeed

That I wasn't attracted to guys, oddly enough. I remember thinking... "Huh, all my friends are talking about guys now and I don't feel anything... I wonder when my feelings will develop."

And well, we all know the rest of the story...

16. mabes

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, I always knew as a kid that I was attracted to both genders. (deciding whether I was more attracted to disney princes or princesses was the real challenge :roflmao:slight_smile: It wasn't until I realized that liking girls wasn't exactly the norm that I started to repress my feelings. That worked out *awesomely* :rolle: It's come full circle, though.

17. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I realized that I wasn't attracted to guys first. I didn't want to acknowledge the fact that since i was a little I only had eyes for women. I thought I was asexual or in the asexual spectrum for a few years because there was no man that I found attractive. It's like it never occurred to me that there was this whole other gender out there that happens to be very hot :roflmao: I was in deep denial. Thankfully, those days are over.

18. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From experience, it takes longer to discover something you are over something you're not.

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That I was attracted to the same gender because I identified as bi for a while first

20. black-cat

Interesting question! I realised that I wasn't attracted to boys, before I realised that I liked girls.