1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i've been depressed lately

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Henrieee, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Henrieee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm in the 8th grade, i'm 14 and gay. I decided i wanted to come out this year, so after the 1st month of school i came out and when i did a few things changed for me. The first thing is my social status, I've never had many friends and I'm usually bullied but when i came out i instantly became popular and everyone was talking about how they are gonna get a "g.b.f.". Now that its the end of the semester and i have lots and lots of friends i think about it and the only reason 80% of them like is because I'm gay. Idk about you but it hurt me to think that if i wasn't gay then they wouldn't even know my name.

Another reason I've been depressed is because i feel so lonely, like i know it may sound stupid but i want a boyfriend. Im tired of seeing everyone so happy in their relationships and I'm here by myself, i want someone to be able to cuddle with and call my own, and i don't have that...
    I just want help and advice please.

2. SomeLeviathan

finding someone with whom you genuinely connect that isn't just treating you as their token gay friend can be a huge step in feeling less lonely, even if that person isn't gay.

I came out in 7th grade and had the opposite thing happen, I lost a lot of friends, didn't really gain any friends who just wanted to be friends with me because I'm not-straight. When I got into high school though I met a really nice boy who is straight, but was a very good friend to me and with whom I genuinely connected, which made me feel less lonely.

hopefully people here on EC can give you support you need, but it's also important to cultivate relationships with people in real life who care about you as a person and not just because you happen to be gay.

If none of that works, and you still feel depressed, talking to a doctor is generally a good idea.