1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daily diary/journal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Dec 31, 2014.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all Happy New Year from the UK - we're just over six hours into 2015.

On my early morning travels I was listening to the car radio and the presenter mentioned Samuel Pepys diaries. *Pepys began keeping a daily diary on this day in 1660 and he provided an eyewitness account of the Great Plague of London and the Great Fire of London. A historical fact for the new year, but it actually made me wonder how many people keep a detailed diary/journal.

Do you? Have you ever? Will you in 2015? Just wondering. :slight_smile:

*Wikipedia entry for Samuel Pepys, if you are interested: Samuel Pepys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I've never been the type to keep a journal. I do write about my HOCD in my EC blog when I don't think people will be able to reply or I want to write a lot.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I kept a diary from the ages of 13-14. Though I'm thinking of starting up again, if I can find one with a lock and key this time.

4. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I try too but I never stick to it. Maybe I will this year :slight_smile:

5. kenethtes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :slight_smile: tht is my resolution in this year .to Write everyday in the diary :grin:

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do not keep one. I never will.

I had a sibling pry through my room once only to find a letter with some juicy details in it. They weren't about me. A friend recounted a story where a married male customer had had an encounter with him after work hours and he detailed it quite humorously.

The reason given for the prying: "I need to know what you're up to. You're very secretive." We're dealing with an unbalanced individual here. I may be quirky, but I'm milquetoast by comparison.

7. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I keep an online one :slight_smile: I'd like to keep an actual one but my family's too nosy

8. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I keep one on the computer, a new word document for each year. It helps me to get my thoughts typed out on paper when I'm anxious or upset. There's also the option for me to password lock them if I'm worried someone might stumble on them.

9. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have kept a journal for many years now. It's been a way to process my thoughts and understand my sexuality mostly. I don't write in it daily, but I used to. Lol nowadays I write entries six months apart at times. It's pretty interesting to go back and read about things you don't remember. I burned my original journal earlier this year. It was filled with ravings of an idiot child and it was really embarrasing to read even though no one else would've seen it.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2015 at 06:24 PM ----------

I use one of those cheap VAULTZ brand lockboxes. They work well.

10. Ryujin

I have tried and just forgotten.

I did wipe my childhood blog though, because what was there was making me uncomfortable, because the child was an idiot.

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been keeping a diary for about eight years. ^^ It's interesting to go back and read some of the old stuff, even if some of it is really silly nonsense.

12. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only time I ever kept a journal regularly was during a year I spent travelling in India. l went through three books. I also wrote letters and postcards to my parents a time or two a week and when I got back it turns out that they had kept all of them to give back to me thinking that would be my record of my trip. I still have all of it and have actually gone through and read sections several times as a way to relive this very eventful year.

13. grapewhisperer

I don' like committing to a daily one because it feels like a chore, so I write letters to myself whenever I feel like a rant. I also have an irrational fear of being in a car accident and getting brain damage and losing my memory, so I write what I think other people would forget to tell me if this happened.

14. SilencedMelody

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't write one daily, just because it becomes too tedious. I usually write when something new and exciting happens. So in the beginning of high school I was writing almost every day. Nowadays, it's more like a couple times a month just because there's so much less to write about
    I also keep mine on my computer in a locked folder due to the potential curiosity of my sisters

15. White Knight

I used to between High School and end of Military Service. I am still keeping those notebooks around house somewhere.

However I barely write about things happening outside as my journals usually focused on my own philosophical BS and inner struggles as gay teen who was extremely alone and thinking he's one of a kind...

I think with everday use of internet I learned I am not alone in my struggle so that really lifted that heavy burden of being a freak upon my shoulders. This ended my need for talking all by myself.

16. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have one....it looks like it was written by a 7 year old manic cause I only write in it when im feeling crazy or sad...I like to look back on it so I can see how irrational I was thinking and that way when i read it i can think calmly about the issues...sorry about not using commas and junk for people it bothers

17. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wrote regularly from the age of 6 to about 15. I just lost interest lately. I update one every couple of months but it stopped being as fun.