1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aren't you a little tired of being gay sometimes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Dec 31, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am! especially today. See, I just discovered a very stupid viral video where a shitty clown rants about homosexuality and transsexuality (and, obviously, he can't even tell the difference between the two).... I mean, give me a fucking break! Being the absolute majority is not enough for straight people, they also have to mock my sexuality every chance they get?

And when I finally take courage to speak to my crush, he ended up inviting me to a party tomorrow. He said he was going to confirm the place and the time, I sent him a facebook friend invitation, he signed in and DELETED MY FUCKING REQUEST! Why do I fucking feel just like a predator all the time? To the point that I can't even get close to a guy I like because I think everybody is going to gossip about me.

Not only dating is fucking hard but I have to deal with rejection -not towards me, necessarily- of the vast mejority of people in this ruthless world?

#1 edy, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey woah. Let's not group all straight people together. They certainly don't all share a group mind set on "mocking your sexuality every chance they get". Rejection is something everyone deals with, and if you think a change in orientation would excuse you from hardship and heartbreak, then you're sorely mistaken.

Hatred is woven into the material of mankind, and you're always going to piss someone off by being who you are, especially if you fall into a minority. All the questions in your post were rhetorical, so I'm not going to address them. To the thread title; I'm not tired of being (a tad) gay, I'm tired of dealing with antagonism.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    You are right... not of them are straight. Not happy with their bigotry they convince, blackmail and brainwash other gay people to go against their nature

4. photoguy93

It gets difficult when I think about relationships.

Yes, not all straight people are bad - at all - but I think the anger you showed could be coming from the privileges straight people have. Yes, they do face rejection but it is not the kind we typically will face. If we ever do get the courage to ask someone out, we might get a "oh, no, I'm not gay!" - which personally is more embarrassing for everyone involved. The list goes on...

I get tired of that kind of stuff.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel you edy I'm not tired of being gay but I can't stand how some people treat gays .

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

^^ Yup this

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yes, dating (and even flirting) is hard, but I wouldn't change my sexuality for anything. It's part of who I am.

Perhaps it helps to have a "fuck it" attitude in life.

8. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hell yea..not only is it hard as fuk to find a girl but alot of guys think id be interested in a fukin threesum..like eww no offense to.guys but.gross..its as if when i say "im lesbian!" it goes over their heads..sumtimes i just say fuk it im bi just to feel alittle normality and avoid stoopid questions..which i shouldnt have to do but whatever..

9. Rainbows~Exist

I'm not tired of being gay, I'm just tired of it being "different". Why can't people just accept the lgbt community for who we are?

10. Pie

Pie Guest

This.

11. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm tired of living in a heteronormative world, that is all.

12. QueerQueen

I'm not tired of being gay, I'm tired of people treating the LGBT community badly. I am also tired of my male friends who all say they are accepting, but hit on me every chance they get. I've had guys try and get physical with me after letting them know that I am gay. I've been asked to have a threesome at least three times. It is very frustrating at times, but I would never change and I also think there are a lot of supportive people out there.. I mean I've came out to some of my friend's families and they have all accepted me.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This :thumbsup:

14. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it helps to remember that it isn't only homophobia/biphobia/transphobia. The LGBT+ community is one of the many minorities that faces discrimination. It isn't just straight people, it is the idea of the 'majority'. The majority can be white people, straight people, the majority of a specific religion etc. It is a widespread issue.

But it really does suck to be on the receiving end of that abuse, and to be part of the minority.

15. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Edy...
    I'm so sorry...which I know does no good to just say. But I really am sorry, I know when I first started with EC (only one week ago!!) I would cry for a very long time when some said they were sorry or they felt bad for me, because for the first time, I felt like they were really concerned. Hang in there....talk to your friends here on EC, don't let the cruel ones get to you. Karma has a way of evening things up. What are these guys going to do when one of their kids comes out (we will really need to pray for that kid)? There are so many situations that will "even up" the score. But.....please don't waste you life watching for the score to even up. So do the right thing....wish and hope that they will learn the hurts they have caused with their attitudes and then go on with your life in spite of anything they did or said...make it their problem, not yours! Happy New Year...Really!

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. ^^ It's frustrating to me how homophobic the world can be, and how I can't think of anything to say when my female friends blabber on and on about boys. Being a lesbian makes me even more of an outcast than I imagine I'd be otherwise. But I believe my sexuality gives me an interesting perspective on the world, and it's not something I would want to change. I love being able to feel attraction towards girls, and feeling only platonic feelings for guys ('cause guys make good friends). :slight_smile:

17. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    But when you are white AND gay you don't fully enjoy your so called "white privilege" do you? and speaking of religion who cares what's the predominant one? When all of them have agreed in one thing in particular and that's their anti-LGBT speech...it doesn't matter which religion is more practiced by the vast majority, gay people always get the worst scenario

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2015 at 01:56 PM ----------

Thank you and don't worry, this time nobody did anything to me personally, except the guy that deleted my friend request after he invited me to a party today :lol:

18. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, this. I like dating girls and I like the fact that I've found a community in which I belong. I just don't like leaving my little queer bubble and seeing the people who think I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty lucky though, my city's a good place to be queer.

19. Psaurus918

No! But I am tired of bigots

20. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    C'mon, are you going to tell that you aren't tired of the cruising shit and sleazy bars because that's the only way a gay person can get laid or have a "relationship"?