1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you do anything to get in touch with your feminine side? (guys)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrCookie, Jan 1, 2015.

1. MrCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just a random question. I know some gay guys and bi guys (Im bi) that do. I do to. I like to do things in private to get in touch with my feminine side and I cant help it but all the time I talk like a girl (not completely) but ive had a load of people ask. i just find it enjoyable and I try not to talk like that but it just happens and sometimes I even cross dress like wearing panties. Also I flirt with guys I have a crush on and I know one guy that always fliers back and I'm like omg!!! Its so sweet :icon_redf but yeah let me know how you guys do it and omg send me a friend request! I need some friends I only have 1 like. I am a liberal lol.

2. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Most(if not all) of my friends are female, I sometimes have a gay lisp,
    and my wrist sometimes goes limp...
    I'm not into fashion or makeup though...

#2 MotelGuy, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  3. soulcatcher

I am still trying to find out what side of me is feminine. Can it be the right one?

4. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I can't, because I rebel against the idea of stereotyping certain behaviors, characteristics, and/or aspects of oneself as intrinsically "feminine" or "masculine." What's feminine to you may not be feminine to me, and what's masculine to me may not be masculine to you.

For instance, I like magenta and, by extension, things colored magenta. It's a very "pinkish" color so a lot of people may see it as a sign of femininity. I don't, it doesn't make me feel feminine in the slightest, nor masculine for that matter. It just another aspect of me and I don't see the point in "genderizing" it.

That's just me tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#4 Rawrzilla, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I've never really understood this whole thing. I don't particularly consider myself masculine or feminine--I sort of am able to infer that I come off masculine from the fact that people generally seem surprised that I'm gay. But as far as some other way that I am naturally not that I could "get in touch with" it just doesn't really ring true for me. I'm just me and I don't really worry too much about the categories.

6. Burnedcloset

I don't try to have a feminine side....I just do.

7. MrCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I'm not trying to have it. I'm trying to express it.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I have one by way of (1) interests that are too cerebral and (2) not having the same interests as those who think being a man means grunting.

I can't change that. I've caught flack for it. I don't ever plan on changing that.

I ate at a place this afternoon while the Rose Bowl was on their TVs and I was oblivious to the score. I just glanced at the final score on my homepage. And how is this exactly supposed to change my life? Therein lies the reason why I could never commiserate with people who have 3 hours at a clip to watch sporting events ... and drink ... and yell ... No thanks.

9. MrCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah.. I don't like that much either.

10. newfish

Well, basically all of my friends are girls, I have a tendency to do a stereotypical "gay" voice, my wrist goes limp fairly often, I will probably wear nail polish as soon as I move out, I lovee Project Runway...
    etc.
    But that's because those are my actual interests and mannerisms. I don't try to "get in touch" with my feminine side because it's already there. I think gay and bi people mostly act more "feminine" because society already views them as such and if you're already breaking one gender role, why not another?

11. MrCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No I mean its stuff I already did but I try to resist when I'm around people and I release when I'm by myself. Its okay its just a miss understanding and I respect you:slight_smile:

12. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This. I don't think anyone should be stereotyped by 'feminine' r 'masculine'. You are wh you are, and no one should tell you differently.

I've had several people tell me that I shouldn't dress more like a girl because I'm male-- they automatically thought I was gay-- which I'm not. I guess I'm bi, if anything.

However, getting back to the subject at hand.. I haven't really done anything because my hair isn't long enough to express my androgynous nature quite yet. I've been looking into some hair growth shampoos and the like.

13. Justinian20

I am physically more like a feminine guy and when it comes to romance and attraction I'm fairly feminine but my interests are inherently more masculine in nature and I also don't have a lisp and a stereotypically gay voice.