1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a personality that is almost stereotypical. Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MouseKeeper, Jan 3, 2015.

1. MouseKeeper

Hey guys. I have a personality that is almost stereotypical of people who are gay. Especially when happy, I can be pretty effeminate. Also whenever I'm around cute things, and I go to say how cute they are, I commonly go into a falsetto voice. Not something you hear much in most guys. I can be slightly flamboyant sometimes, and my voice can resemble that of a stereotypical gay person, usually when happy. I rarely do any of this on purpose. It's usually something that just happens. Is this possible among people who are Bi to have a personality like mine?

I've never seen a bisexual male like this. So, that's why I'm asking. Thanks a bunch.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is fine. You are the way you are, there is nothing wrong with it.

3. Edmund

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is normal to be yourself. It doesn't matter how stereotypical you are. Be yourself, and feel free.

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally don't believe that how somebody acts is very closely associated with their sexuality. I think in a less judgmental world, there would probably be more straight people with 'steriotypically gay' personalities. I think that maybe in the LGBT+ community, we're more comfortable and accepting of being ourselves, however subconsciously.

Ps. So basically, no don't worry- just be yourself, you're doing it right. :icon_wink

5. NinjaInTraining

Some of the guys I know act incredibly 'masculine' while others are more feminine than most girls I know. While one may link to the other, your personality doesn't affect your sexuality.

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's cute. Don't try to change yourself for others. (Or, in this case, others' stereotypes.)

7. C P

C P

I'd say it is definitely normal. Even if you don't typically act like that through the day, it could just be something that frees itself during those 'happy moments'(which means it is a part of you still, but maybe more linked to that kinda emotion?).

I personally think it's pretty damn cute for a guy who typically has a...tougher(?) demeanor to occasionally just let loose and free that bit of themselves. The comfort with themselves shows in those moments.

I won't ever understand people who say even the slightest bit of femininity in a guy somehow takes his mancard away and what not. If anything, because of the way it is treated by society, I'd say it makes them(not caving into having to be 'Super-Masc Man to the rescue!' 24/7)more manly than the idiots who say otherwise.

Sorry that I went on a bit of a rant there but I guess I got the feeling that you were kinda questioning if you, a '(bi) male' should be acting like that.