1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips For Electric Face Razor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Notlad, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Notlad

I checked the instructions and I didn't really get the answers I needed.

I've shaved twice with it, and it's taken forever both times. It almost seems selective on when to remove hair. Any advice on how to not take so long?

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well my barber uses hair clippers on mine. I dont know if thats much help for you but its pretty quick

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Christmas present ?? :icon_bigg

4. Rainbows~Exist

I got one for Christmas!!! They're sh**! I'm sorry but I can't help you... I suffer the same problem :/

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look if its ready for use... sometimes there is a plastic foil in place...
    you might check the instructions if it can be cleaned, and try that... maybe it was not correctly assembled...

if you think about another one, I'd suggest those which have inbuilt cream dispensers...
    you might use them even without cream and get a really clean shave...

(*hug*)

6. AKTodd

If you're used to using a blade, then an electric can seem to take a long time and not shave so closely. I use one because I decided the environmental impact of throwing away razors or blades all the time was more than the cost of electricity for an electric. But I still miss the fast, smooth shave I get from a blade (and I can track progress via the shaving cream).

If you're going to use it, and you don't have really stiff beard bristles naturally (or yet, given your age), then I'd recommend investing in something like Lectric Shave or an equivalent pre-shaving liquid that will help stiffen your whiskers a bit. Then plan on shaving to take a bit longer. You'd probably need to go over your face 2-4 times to really get a fully smooth shave and it may still not feel as smooth as a blade, even if you can't see any whiskers.

Finally, for those who are used to using a blade and trying electric for the first time - you need to do a very light touch and not press the razor too hard against your skin trying to 'make it work'. This way lies painful and unsightly razor burn (and bleeding pores if you really do it hard).

Hope this helps,

Todd

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You cannot go fast using an electric razor. You CAN still cut yourself. Go with the grain, rather than against it. I personally use scissors first if my beard has gotten really long, then use the electric razor. I have never used a blade though, so I guess I don't know what I am missing. LOL. Dad never used a blade. Be sure to clean it once every 3-4 shaves as well.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've used a number of electric razors over the years. Most have sucked. The new Panasonic I got about 8 months ago... is amazing. It takes usually about 2 minutes, but the shave is as close as a blade, rarely if ever pulls hair (a huge problem with the Norelcos I used to use), and is super easy to clean.

In general, I suggest making sure your face is completely dry -- shave before you shower, or 10 minutes after, because I've found that if your beard is at all damp/wet, it doesn't work as well. Go slowly, and come at it from more than one angle.

I can get about the same speed with a blade, but it's more of a pain in the ass to mess with, which is why the electric is so convenient.