1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, May 16, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Should i send my girlfriend this site and tell her to check it out (and join)? She's bi. But i'm not sure if i want her reading some of my posts... I can't think of anything i've said that would offend her, but... I wouldn't have as much freedom to talk. but i feel selfish keeping her from this site that i'm found comfort in accepting myself and descovering my sexuality. What do yoiu think i should do? I'm 50/50 on this.:confused:

2. Well, it's kind of like would you rather be able to speak freely or have someone you REALLY know be on here with you. Gotta weigh the pro's and con's

3. Steam Giant

I agree with Emp, closely examining both sides would definately be helpful. On one hand, you can say whatever you want, and enjoy limitless freedom with your posts. On the other, while you may not be able to post everything you'd like, you'd be giving your girlfriend a valuable resource for self-discovery, and you'd also have somoene you know personally on the site as a member.

Of couse, if you weren't able to post certain things with her on this site as well, you can always PM people if you need advice ^^

4. That is true, you could always PM people.

5. SpikySpice

You can also make your homepage or your blog private

6. TeeBe

Would she necessarily know that it was you? She might very well understand that you have things that you need to disguss that might be akward for the two of you. You might both consider each others' identity on here private, and each of you could have a seperate online identity. Not sure how those logistics would work, but it might be a thought...

7. xxAngelOnFirexx

my screen name is my aim name. she'd know.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Well I can change your screen name, and I can also try to find posts where you have been quoted like here and change them. Send me a PM if you want that done.

9. Kimi

Oh, that's why she changed her screen name:icon_excl
    I thought there is some kind of trend of changing screen name to new one:icon_redf

It will be cool if you have someone who both know each others in real life.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

No, not really. She decided that it would not be a good idea to hide, but wanted a different name anyway. Had it been for hiding reasons I wouldn't have posted the name change message.

11. xxAngelOnFirexx

12. xequar

Right after I joined up, I had the same dilemma with one of my friends. I pretty much considered what I'd be posting, and I realized that my friend probably knew most of it anyway, so I told him about it. I think it worked out for the best for both of us.