1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to ask for a date/exchange info when online dating.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Glalie, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Glalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I've been talking to this guy today, and we really seem to have hit it off. He's going to be moving to a town near me, and I thought I might like to meet him in person, if our conversation keeps going well. But then I got to thinking, how long or how many messages does it take people to be comfortable enough to either exchange phone numbers or actually meet someone in person?

Of course, this is going to differ based on each person, so I'm asking all of you: If you are/would talk to someone through a dating site, how long would it take you to be comfortable doing these things?

Also, which would you do first, exchange numbers or meet in person?

2. Gallatin

I'll answer your second question first: I have always exchanged numbers before meeting in person. I like to text with someone (and usually talk on the phone at least once) before meeting them in person.

As far as when to exchange numbers, I usually waited until I had been messaging the person for about three or four days. Sometimes it took closer to a week. And sometimes I was lucky and the other person gave their number or proposed giving it and therefore I didn't have to worry about it.

And finally, when it came to meeting someone in person, I usually gave it at least two weeks, sometimes longer. I feel like that might seem like a while but I felt a timeframe like that weeded out those who were less interested in a date and more interested in "extracurricular activities". It also, of course, gave me more time to get to know the person and see if I was still interested.

3. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Also, be safe.
    Bring a weapon. Or a friend. Even if he's just watching from a distance for a bit. Just in case.

What?

WHAT?