1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is going to sound bad....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nixon, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Nixon

This is going to sound bad but
    I think some people choose not the majority but there has to be a few people out there that do maybe even like 2-3%
    I don't know:bang:

2. Techcompu2

ok no offense, but I am kinda lost as to what you mean that they choose ect.

3. Cheese Love

I think he means choose as in chooses to be gay.

Overall I don't think it's a choice, but in some cases I do believe it.

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Maybe.... I guess But why would anyone choose to be gay??? It's not like its easy or anything.

5. Paralyzer

People in general are always gonna be weird and confused. Some people think they are animals trapped inside human bodies.. perhaps they are indeed.. 0.0 Anyway, of course there has to be some people who lable as gay due to local influences but are actually straight.

You could say a boy was raised by two loving fathers. The kid (boy) is honestly attracted to women, but after they fail him because he is stood up by countless women or something, he decides having a loving relationship with another man such as the one his parents have would be more ideal. He would call himself gay, but the relationship, I suppose, would be more of brotherly love... but yeah.. I have no idea what I'm saying anymore. I think I'm getting somewhere though.

Other people might choose to be gay just to fit in.. as odd as that sounds
    Others might choose to be gay because they want to be different and stand out a little more

Well.. what you're saying is pretty general I think so I guess I agree.

6. Nugget

You can choose what you're going to do with yourself, but it's all based on thought. It's based around your desires. Unhappy decisions are caused when the person has still not satisfied what it is they desire, or has done the opposite (e.g., a gay man marrying a woman). You cannot choose what thoughts or reactions you receive, no matter what they are.

As it has been written before, identifying yourself as gay/lesbian/bisexual/straight/whatever else is more than just thinking about the same sex/opposite sex, more than just being aroused by the same sex/opposite sex. Sexuality is so complex, and it gets even more difficult when you realize that it can flunctuate over time. This is why labels are difficult. You can't write someone off as it being a mere choice in the same way you can't say someone's gay because they kissed someone of the same sex while in college.

Sexuality is different in a lot of people, hence the rainbow.

7. Bunny

Technically, I have chosen to be gay. I could just leave things be and settle for being a straight female, but I don't want to be loved for being female, and don't identify as such.

So instead, I choose to be a gay male. :3

8. ArcaneVerse

I sort of disagree because there is no choice in what you do or do not like. my view is that the people who say they choose to be gay have to be either bisexual or asexual with a preference for the same sex, so the attraction, love & whatever else it takes to make a relationship is there for the opposite sex as well but you just "choose" not to follow that path.

& yes some people "choose" to be gay for the attention and popularity & what not but they aren't really gay they are just acting so in the end it doesn't really count.

anyways that's just my 2 cents, it may not make any sense to anyone else because im half asleep & need to go to bed but there's a point in there somewhere.