1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review of 2014

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by squally89, Jan 3, 2015.

1. squally89

Hello friends on EC,

I want to dedicate this thread for you to talk about yourself in third person to review what happened in 2014. All the incredible highs and lows of your journey. I hope this will serve as a reflective and progressive person you have become and where you go in 2015

Highlights of 2014

Q1&Q2: January to May of 2014

- Johnny were nominated once again for the "Emotion Service" Award at the Annual Christmas party. Feel proud of yourself that you were nominated twice in 15 months of employment at a company of 3000 people! No you didn't win, but at least your face was plastered on the big screens~

- You continue your video work on YouTube and with short amount of time you were able to create videos that were funny and your friends actually kind of know you for doing that. You love every minute of it and you did not stop and entered and won the "Adecco's New Year, New You Internship Contest". Result of this, you met a wonder mentor and friend who is still in your life today. Cherish that friendship bc he has done so much for you and cares about you unconditionally.

- Johnny you are daring and adventurous. Something I never thought you were. Travelling on your own to San Francisco, living at a pad via Airbnb and met a man who was your dad's age (who was much fitter than you). You learned a lot about yourself on this solo trip. How to entertain yourself, take care of yourself (caught a cold) and took risks carefully.

Q3&Q4: June to December of 2014

- Praise yourself in your endurance and toughness for working through a 25 work month on an average of 60+ hours per week during the summer. Understanding it was a necessary sacrifice in the long run since you so wanted to move out and you had to save money was extremely mature. You went through a lot of emotion uproar with your mum and lost your room when your mom rented it out to another tenant 10 days before you moved out. Johnny you overcome quite a bit in those three summer months. You're a fighter and smart in planning to executing what you ultimately want.

- Relationship & Love: I think you finally know yourself in this department. You're finally out of the daddy issue phase and everything has changed dramatically in this area. You're more confident in what you find attractive and what you want in an authentic lifelong partnership. Congratulations :thumbsup:

- Family - The relationship with you and your mother went from "God I just want to leave" to "OMG I love you mom!". Crazy! The distance brought you closer and you actually said "I love you mom" for the first time in your life.

Things are looking phenomenal for you because you are willing to work hard, be smart, be reflective and take action on things you desire. Don't forget your accomplishments in 2014, but don't cling onto to them either. Be not a "better" Johnny in 2015, but be the "Johnny" you want to be!

2. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This will need to be brief...

Andrew got really depressed this year...kept trying to distract himself from the pain by any means possible, but in the end realized that the only solution was to turn and face the issues behind the pain, and to deal with them, which is of course not easy or comfortable. The year ended with him feeling like 2014 had been one of the most emotionally difficult of his life. But somehow, right on New Year's Eve in fact, he found a new resolve, to really improve things from hereon. I hope he can continue and strengthen in his determination.

#2 Damien, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ana came out to her parents at the start of this year, shortly after joining Empty Closets. Her dad was completely accepting, while her mom was slightly less accepting, due to her preconceived ideas about lesbians. Ana's family moved to a new town and Ana had to start high school with a bunch of strangers. She felt very left out and was very much an outcast, rarely ever speaking to anyone except some teachers. She decided to start seeing the social worker at school, wanting help with her anxiety about high school. The social worker suggested Ana join some clubs, so she did. One club she joined was the GSA. In the GSA, Ana felt a little happier because she realized how many other teens were dealing with coming out, and many of them had gone through similar experiences as her. Ana even talked to some of the people in the GSA, though she still struggled with social anxiety at school. Especially at lunch, where Ana sat with friendly people, but those friendly people wanted to talk to her, which made Ana nervous and uncomfortable. Ana then found out that her friend Jeremy was moving to her town and would start going to school with her soon. Ana was very happy. Although the two didn't have any classes together, they hung out before class in the hallways. Ana was glad to see a familar face nearby. Ana was stressed out by all of her schoolwork, because her mom had forced her to take an honors class. She was certainly not determined enough to handle it, and it made her feel overwhelmed and even frightened. Ana's little sister Gina helped her through first semester by giving her help and advice. Ana was struggling to remain calm and focused in everyday life, and she often started crying and couldn't determine the cause. Needless to say, she was relieved when winter break began. Ana just hopes next semester won't be so scary... She feels somewhat comforted by knowing that Jeremy, Gina, and her friends in the GSA and on Empty Closets support her and believe in her.

4. squally89

@Damien - You can do it! *high five*

@YurkiCore - New school, new friends and new environment - Scary, but sounds exciting! :slight_smile:

5. Magnemma

Magnemma Guest

Magda lived in California at the beginning of the year, she went to an art school where she had really good friends. Outside of school she would have fun with her two best friends, and she would have dinner with her dad some nights and her brother and her weren't very close. when magda moved to argentina she thought that her friends would want to stay in touch with her, but as time went on she realized what she really meant to her friends. she tried to go to school in argentina having an awful time and then she settled on online school. Magda started getting really depressed, she had no friends, and she felt worthless. when she started texting with her best friends older sister she felt less lonely and really relied on her daily talked with her new friend.

6. Ellieworm

Out Status:
    Some people
    I traveled, meet new people.... got awards from playing water polo and had a kick ass time with all my friends! Thats all I can ask for!

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2015 at 03:40 PM ----------

I hope you are ok now magnemma. We all deserve to be happy!

7. CyanChachki

- Wanted a PS4, did not get it.

- Forgot to put my art in the contest

- Tried applying for full time jobs, nobody was hiring (even though they said they where)

- Talked to my future landlord about moving out around 15 times (and continuing, even though I've said yes each and every time)

- Got my shopping addiction under control

- Signed up for sports

- Had a nice Christmas

YEAH, I did nothing this year but hopefully I'll be doing more. I'm hoping to start up a youtube channel and everything.

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ~2014~
    *Came out to a person in march
    *Suffered through the last few months in highschool
    *Spent entire summer on the internet
    *Started university and made new friends ^.^
    *Went on Christmas Break and came out for the third time *_*

9. DelvSeigible

Well this year has been productive for my gender identity development. The gender spectrum has broaden my thoughts because using the word gay did not carry any denotative nor connotative meaning for me. I have become as girly as in my dreams. I clear my baggagges out of the closet and into boxes. I treasure each day with the view of a comedian and tragetist because each day bring sweet and sour feelings that makes life irresistible for us small time players.

"Lets let them roll because it might just be their last roll this round." :badgrin:
    -E

#9 DelvSeigible, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maddy continued her work in community radio, taking on a producer role for a long-running show. Throughout the year the show went very well, with a variety of talented presenters bringing varied life experiences to the show. Maddy brought in the year with a nomination for the Best Newcomer award at her station, and though she didn't win, being shortlisted was awesome.

A highlight of the year was being offered a paying job at the radio station. Maddy now works with groups of students to help them plan and present a radio demo, as well as training and working with diversity groups to help them plan, present and produce a weekly radio show for a full season. She's also expanded her reach and begun presenting at a second community radio station.

Maddy's made a lot of new friends and gotten involved in things she never thought she'd have the courage to. She's a lot more outgoing than she was, able to chat and flirt with strangers easily.

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aaron got a new job, that pays relatively well
    Aaron went to two music festivals in the summer
    Aaron started his second term at uni this autumn

That's about it.