1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EEk. Parents...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ColbieMarie, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

So I'm up late working on an a project that's due tomorrow (and I started it at 10:30 tonight, thank you very much) and my mom comes out of her room and starts telling me about this dream she has.

Her: Oh my gosh, I just had a dream that Kyle (my 22 yr old brother) came over and he told me he was gay.
    Me: Omg, how random.
    Her: I was asking him about Melissa (his gf of like 3 years) and he said that she just wants him to be happy. I asked him wasn't it a little late for him to be finding this out, didn't he think about it in high school when he had all those gay friends (he had two lesbian friends).
    Me: Oh man, that is odd.
    Her: I was thinking oh no, I'll never have grandkids.

Either I am being paranoid, or my mom keeps dropping hints that she knows. She brings up the gay topic a lot I think there's a possibility that she has found EC on the computer history or something.

Has anyone else's parents made comments or asked if you were gay before you came out?

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She very well could've just had an honest dream and thought to share it with you. Considering your brother is straight, it's still possible for your mom to have grandkids. I wouldn't worry about it too much. That's probably one of the biggest things parents think about when learning their child is gay -- grandkids. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think it was just an honest dream. But good luck getting your homework done! :thumbsup:

3. Tim

Tim

Not my parents, but I came downstairs one night when my younger older sister was on the computer chatting to her online BF (still together <_<), and he asks if I've started dating yet, and she said no, and she said I don't know when he (me) will either.

Then I hear him say something, and my sister goes "You DO like girls, don't you?" Then something happened in the game, she dropped attention to deal with it, I grabbed some cereal and ran upstairs <_<

But yea, it very well may have been a legitimate dream =P

4. Janvier

She seems accepting and I find it would be easier for you to come out if she starts the topic. Well, if you're ready of course.
    My mother talked to me about being bi but I denied it because I def wasn't ready to come out, I then regretted it and made coming out harder.

5. Mickey

It sounds to me as if your mom may be hinting to you,that she suspects something.
    It may have been her way to open up a conversation with you.( I could be wrong here,who knows.) At least it has been brought up ,so ,when you're ready to come out to her,you could bring up her dream.
    I just have a gut feeling that she knows or at least suspects. It may have been easier for her to use your brother as an example,just to see what your reaction would be.
    Whatever the case,good luck for when you decide to come out to her.

6. Jerr

I was flat out asked when I was young young young. Like 10. I denied it and well shortly after she continued to say good because she would disown any gay child.

Fun times, right?

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, the most I've ever gotten is "Do you have a girlfriend?" "No"

Sorry not to be much help.

8. pianomike

if your mom is constantly dropping hints then i think she thinks something is up.
    Ask her what she thinks about gay/lesbian people and get an honest answer from her.
    also i do get odd look when people ask if i have a girlfriend and i say "no"
    they look at me thinking why i don't cause everyone thinks i'm a great guy and who wouldn't want to be my gf.
    i could literally go and have the hottest girl (a friend who is thinks she is my gf but i don't say anything)

#8 pianomike, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  9. I guess I'm lucky, cuz my parents already have umm *counts* 8 grandkids. It probably wouldn't be an issue, and one of my siblings has yet to have kids besides me.
    My parents never drop hints or ask me or anything, but they probably suspect.

10. Fiorino

I don't know exactly-sometimes my mom seems like she'd be totally
    accepting, and other times it's like she's in denial or something-
    she talks about me bringing my first girlfriend home. Which makes
    me want so shout "Oh my god-are you delirious?! I'm gay!", but of
    course I can't. I'm not very open with her about my private life-
    besides when I bring friends home, so I think she has told herself
    that I'm hiding a girl (but I'm not even hiding a boy unfortunately :icon_wink).
    But at the same time I think deep down she knows it and hopefully
    is coming to terms with it. When I was little, she told me that gay
    people were "confused" (granted it's a hard subject to explain to
    kids, especially when you're not an expert), but she also said
    it was ok if I turned out gay (but she'd rather me not be).
    When I was 13, one day she asked me, and me still being
    in denial said "no!".

I'm not very close to my dad-but he's pretty conservative and
    I think he might feel like it's his fault. Sometimes-I want to
    tell him, but I'm afraid he would either send me to boot
    camp (he used to joke about sending me there if I was bad
    when I was little, but he was in the Army, I'm sure he'd like
    me to "toughen up") or more likely just send me back to
    America permanently (it's my last year here so i'm not risking it).

I'm not sure if I'll wait and tell them once I've graduated university
    (they will have paid for it, and I'll be an adult, so if they abandon
    me I can just say "haha-sucker") or if I should do it earlier, but
    I don't think it'll be this year.

Some people might be a little suspect, it's awkward when people
    ask me if I have a girlfriend. They're always like "you'll find someone"
    or "the girls must be all over you" (ew...please no). I wish I could
    just say "...no but I have a boyfriend (if that was the case)" or
    "...um, I'm gay" "Not into girls"...

:icon_bigg

11. McBenz

Well my dad is a very strict Christian who is definitely who does not except of homosexuals. so i haven't told him. but he always is asking me if i have a boyfriend or if i like anyone. and so does my step mom. it is kind of annoying but whatever. i'm pretty sure he knows but i'm still not going to tell him. because if i do then that is the only thing holding him back from sending me to church therapy. i don't talkt to him much but everytime i do he always says i need a boyfriend or i seem not show much interest in boys. the one i love most is when he says that i need to be more appealing to guys. he says i need to take more time in the mornings to get ready and spruce up. i'm like WTF dad?!?! you sayin i don't look good. i always want to tell him that im not tryin to attract guys lol