1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long distance relationship between asexual people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rikudou, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am curious to know the opinion of people on this topic. Do you think it is possible to have a relationship where both people are asexual, and have never met, and never will meet? Can you also apply the same to a normal friendship?

2. MouseKeeper

I think Skype would make that easier for me. To be honest though, If I were in a long distance relationship with another Asexual, and I may never meet them, that would really suck. I would eventually want to meet that person because of what we'd have in common, yet because it would never happen, I'd become depressed.

3. DelvSeigible

No. I tease all my guy friends with my husky voice all the time, they got disillusional with my typing and voice because I set such a feminine tone of exchange durig conversation. May I say that I consider myself as having an attractive personality. All in all I was much a trap and I place it well where I go except I could not catch my prey because I let them go if they run +.+

-E

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think it's possible, but I'm not sure it's healthy. Meeting face to face helps with trusting eachother. And, I dunno, the idea of loving someone and not being able to hold their hand, or look them in the eye face to face would make things difficult, I think. That's not to say it can't work, though. And if there was a possibility you would meet in the future, sounds fine to me. :slight_smile:

5. Psaurus918

I definitely think it could work for friendship. I have some good friends I've never met in person but talk almost everyday.

As far as a relationship goes I don't think it would work. Even if both people are asexual wouldn't you still want to go out to eat or movies or walks with your significant other? I mean I'm not big on sex and don't think it plays a big role in relationships but I'd still want to cuddle and share a place with my lover

6. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it is possible to have a close platonic friendship if you were to never meet the other person, but it is impossible to have an actual relationship because one or both of the people involved would want to do activities together. How is doing something physically with someone else, like going to the movies, different when it is the person you love, rather than just a friend. If you have a friend who can satisfy your need to go to the movies, then is it really needed for your loved one to do so as well?

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, my friends cannot satisfy the needs. Going with my boyfriend will be so much more intimate and amazing than going with my friends. =] Not to say that going with my friends is not amazing, but it's not that comparable.

8. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't really understand the point of trying to keep a LDR if you plan to never meet?..
    However if you take that part out I think it would be fine especially if both of them were asexual I'm sure they could relate and understand each other a lot better.