1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homeschooler are not weird

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pianomike, Oct 22, 2008.

1. pianomike

ok... i'm home schooled yes i am, but i'm not like un-socialized or anything.
    I love to travel and have been all over the world.
    and i could not have been able to do that if i wasn't h.s.
    but the other day i was with my sister at her class (in our local community college )
    and i was just checking out the art gallery ( i love art)
    and i started talking to this guy and he asked if i went to the school there and i said "no, i'm homeschooled"
    so we continue to talk and then there was like this lull in the conversation and then he randomly states "you don't acted like your homeschooled at all"
    So i'm wondering what are some of you people on here, what is your view of homeschoolers.:confused:
    My school is done by satilite, i get live classes from a UNIVERSITY in south carolina.
    I'm not like some big egghead who is a dork, i have a steady job (another thing i couldn't have if i'm in school all day) i shop at places like Banana Republic and Express.
    I wake up at 7 every day and start school at 8 and am done by noon (and NEVER have homework)
    So just would like a penny for your thoughts.

2. mattypants

i didnt know homeschoolers were supposed to act different :O
    of those i know who were home schooled, the only difference was that their desk was at home...so yeah

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ...homeschoolers act different? Really? That's a new one...

4. pianomike

also an added comment, i would NEVER trade my life out with someone.
    I've had opportunities that most people don't get to have.
    here is an ex. I was visiting some friends in Conn. just out side of NYC.
    I was staying at a hotel for a night because i was going to surprise them the next morning.
    Well i play piano and i had to go practice cause i know they would want me to sing a few songs and play something.
    So i go to the front desk and ask if there was a piano anywhere in the building.
    Well, she said "the only piano is in the bistro connected to the hotel"
    well i asked if she would check with the manager and see if it was ok to use it for an hour or so.
    she came back with the manager and he said that the bistro wasn't open now so it was the perfect time to do so.
    i go in there and there were people getting things ready for the evening and so i played for like a hour then i got up to leave and thank the manager.
    Well as i was walking out he asked me if i would be interested in playing in the bistro that night, so i was like "heck yeah"
    and he asked me if i had a shirt and tie (and i would never go on a trip without one)
    so i come down about 8pm that night and just sat at this beautiful baby grand piano for like 2 hours and just played simple mood setting music of the top of my head.
    when i left, the manager said that if i lived right in town he would hire right then and there, and he paid me $200 for that night!!!!
    just another day in the life of a homeschooler!!! LOL

#4 pianomike, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  5. Noah

lol I was homeschooled too.
    There are the fringe crazies, but most people are just normal. Just another stereotype to beat! I had someone say that I might be gay because my mom was around me too much during school lol. I thought that was good.

6. Trumpetplyer23

My best friend in the entire world was homeschooled until she went into high school. Also, this girl in my class (one of my friends) was homeschooled until she went into high school as well.

The only difference I've ever noticed was that homeschooled kids haven't been involved in all of the drama. All of the 'he said she said' stuff because they were actually in a school building. But, as for being anti-social or anything negative like that, they're not. I mean...stereotypes just suck.

7. There's nothing wrong with being home schooled :slight_smile:
    If I had kids (If I could and if I wanted to haha) I wouldn't have them home schooled just because I would want them to get out there and learn about social skills and how to kick butt !! (not physically!!) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. pianomike

Hey believe me i know how to kick butt

9. littledinosaurs

the homeschooled kids i know are wicked awesome.

10. Nodnarb

As Noah said, there are some "fringe crazies"(there are three kids from the same family at my school that were homeschooled up until hs....they're all a bit strange. Well, the one my sister is friends with really isn't...but their entire family is a bit "out there"), but most of the homoschool kids I know are great.

11. Myke

Myke Guest

I don't know anyone that is home schooled so I dont personally know if they're weird or not haha

12. Hoppip

I think homeschooling is a really great idea; you're probably stronger with your family, and it's a lot easier to do it at home.

Me, personally, I love school because it IS my home away from home. So I guess I could consider myself homeschooled because I friggin' live there. xD

I don't know anybody who's ever been homeschooled, so I guess this is a great learning experience for me. ^_^

I'm Sean, by the way. We haven't met. Hi.

13. Nugget

I'm homeschooled. Next year, I plan to get a part-time job at my local grocery store. I'm also studying for my GED.

14. Miles D

LOL... homeschoolers are awesome, as you have proved, but can they speak english??
    "homeschooler are not weird"

:roflmao: you meant "Homeschoolers". it's actually not that funny, I just thought it was for like half a second....

but yeah, they are cool. and apparently one argument people say against home schooling is that kids won't know how to stand it line. WTF?! I don't know... that's what I've heard.

Do you know how to stand in a line? :grin:

15. biisme

One of my friends was homeschooled until high school (discounting band and spanish). Actaully, her whole family, EIGHT KIDS, were/are all homeschooled until high school. What I do knwo is that she is the sweetest person ever, and she is one of the brightest in our class. She's awesome.