1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it just me or my eyes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mattypants, Oct 22, 2008.

1. mattypants

ok, im a bit confused.
    i dont understand how some people are fine with who they are, but when it comes to the people they are attracted to, i always hear/read a "sorry" towards the end.
    your sorry you like taller guys? what? your sorry you know what you like?
    i hate that this bugs me. *sigh* whatever. comments?

2. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I have gotten this line a few times...I'm sorry you're not my type...I don't understand it either.

3. ArcaneVerse

Because they don't want to offend you, they are not sorry for their tastes, but its that you lack that something and they don't want you to see it as flaw in yourself.

4. I think it's all silly. Shouldn't it be about character and personality anyways??

:slight_smile:

5. Derek the Wolf

I dunno, it's probably because they feel bad about you not being their type. I've only seen this once or twice though.

6. Myke

Myke Guest

i think it also goes with mannerism.
    saying just "you're not my type" sounds kind of rude

7. mattypants

hmm, i guess i just find it odd to say "sorry" as i only say it when its my fault, not yours.
    i mean, its nobodies fault if your not eachothers type right? thats just the way it is.

8. Paralyzer

They say it because it's a consolation and it makes them feel better so they don't feel like they blew you off for not looking or acting a certain way.

In case you just so happened to have been interested in them, they don't want you to go hating yourself. It's their taste that just didn't agree with your characteristics... so sorry is the simple way to put it to make humans feel a little more secure with themselves since we're all so vulnerable. Philosophy doesn't really work here by saying "It's no ones fault that you don't have the traits I find attractive."
    [or i guess it could but that's a little awkward.. .. yeah]

Of course they could be dicks and say it sarcastically or tell you in a harsh manner and imply that you're ugly.. (haha.. omg I'm not talking about anyone in particular)

Response >> DONE!

9. Loveless

Loveless Guest

Because people are stupid like that.