1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I Realised About Trans People

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Jan 5, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

So I've been thinking about Leelah's death and what this will do for transgender people, and read some abhorrent YouTube comments portraying Leelah as a selfish, tantrum-throwing brat, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Yes, maybe it was selfish to take her own life, but what's even worse was her parents complete disregard for her feelings, the extent of their brainwashing going to choosing God over their child, and the last disrespect they could give her was that they didn't even have the decency to call her by her name at HER funeral. Sorry, I just cannot stand that bad people get away with bad things. Anyway, those who are ignorant of transgender issues say things like " You've got a cock and balls, you're a boy. You've got a fanny, so you're a girl." But isn't a person more than their genitals? It may very well make you a boy or a girl, but that doesn't mean that we should act like what society defines as a boy or a girl. Sorry if I've offended anyone, I just don't see why it's so hard for people to understand that people can be born feeling like the opposite gender. Another thing I don't understand is why people think this is evil when the only person involved is them and also why people feel the need to berate that person for it.

2. Rainbows~Exist

Amen ^

It's a shame that ignorance and prejudice hasn't died out yet isn't it?

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree 100,000% with you. There's just some jerk offs the world is better out with. When I heard about Leelah I felt so bad for her. Her idiot parents sound absolutely uneducated. I don't blame her for what she did. She was probably in a lot of pain and honestly I would probably have done the same thing if I had parents like that.
    Amen.

---------- Post added 5th Jan 2015 at 09:57 AM ----------

I agree 100,000% with you. There's just some jerk offs the world is better out with. When I heard about Leelah I felt so bad for her. Her idiot parents sound absolutely uneducated. I don't blame her for what she did. She was probably in a lot of pain and honestly I would probably have done the same thing if I had parents like that.
    Amen.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

"It may very well make you a boy or a girl"

False. I'm a boy regardless of my genitals. I'm not a girl who acts like a boy.

I even break the gender rules for boys.

5. CyanChachki

Yes, 100% YES. I'm glad that people are beginning to talk about it. It's never okay to be like, "Well, you still have __ so that means you're a girl/boy" Like who are you to dictate that? Who are you to decide what we are? That's just it, you don't get to decide. My body is not yours. My thoughts and feelings aren't controlled by you.

I am a male that enjoys being myself. I enjoy make up, I enjoy nail polish, I enjoy dressing in female AND male clothing, I enjoy carrying a purse because then I'm not carrying 20 things around with me while I'm trying to look at other things. I don't do these things just to be different or because I'm trying to break some kind of stereotypical mold. I do these things because they make me happy. I told myself before any of this started that I wasn't going to try and be some overly butch male and that I wasn't going to try and do what I thought a typical male did because that's not me. That wouldn't make me happy. I'm already trapped in a female's body, I don't want to be trapped in stereotypes and cookie cutter molds just to get everyone else to understand.