1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you store your ties?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Jan 5, 2015.

1. AlamoCity

Simple question that I've always had issues with: How do you store your ties?

Do you roll them up, put them in a specialized hanger, fold them up, or stuff them in the closet :lol:?

I've tried hanging them on hangers and I've also rolled them up. Presently, I fold them into quarters like at a store display and put them in a drawer. I only have about 20 ties (my dad probably has 100s), but it's still nice to organize them.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Specialized hanger. It has a weird shape and is able to hold ties on 4 different sides.

I have about 10 to 15 of them. There are about 3 or 4 of them, though, that I really like. Some were downright bargains.

I also once "stole" a tie. A guy I had gone to grad school was freeloading off of our family as he moved in and out a few times from our spare bedroom as he was looking for a job in the metro area. What a slickster this guy was! After about the third time he moved back in, within the span of a month, my dad couldn't take it anymore and asked me to ask him to leave ... being that I was the person that knew him from school. He had put all his stuff up as if he lived there and, upon hurriedly moving on, one of his ties fell from the rod in the bedroom closet. Since I'd never be seeing him again, I then wore that tie. It was actually the spendiest of my ties. We referred to it as "(name of guy)'s tie." My dad continued to bitch about this guy for another 6 months to a year!

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have them on a tie hanger, but I don't really pay much attention to them. I'll probably have to dust them the next time I have to wear one.

That is, all three of them after I gave away my old school ties. Damn those ugly, uncomfortable, emblazoned tartan nooses to hell.

I'm not going to be really fastidious about storage until I have to wear ties on a regular basis.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh.. I have one tie, but I don't know where it is. Probably on the floor in my bedroom. The last time I wore a tie was to my grandfather's funeral nearly 5 years ago.

5. White Knight

I think I have 5 or 6. They are somewhere deep in the closet.

I try hard to remember but can't, when I last have to wear a suit. Nope we don't even wear it for funerals.

Hmmm maybe 10 years ago on my friend's wedding. Now for that we wear suits.

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Paul, I'm not a sir, like you. I own no ties. I merely burglarize them from my brothers/father when the occasion presents itself.

Oh how depressing it is to not be able to take part in this conversation because I don't own a tie.

[​IMG]

/2amSoapOpera

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have about 9 rolled up in a shoebox (stored away; unlikely to wear them any time soon) and my more frequently used ones on a rack of pegs that are great for ties and belts. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only tie that I've ever owned, was kept in my closet on a peg.

9. tscott

On a tie rack, screwed into the door of my closet. When traveling, I roll them, which wouldn't be a bad system.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have a little battery operated carousel that attaches to the closet rod. It holds probably about 50 each hanging individually and if either of us acquires a new one that doesn't fit, well, that's the signal that we have to get rid of an old one.

11. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have them on a hanger with multiple non-slip pegs sticking out, like some skeletal spine that hangs from the horizontal bar. On another note, I really have no use for the damn things, to me they are an instrument of torture, not unlike the garrotte, used to choke their victims...

Most of them date from the eighties...maybe I should replace a few...nah.

12. timo

Not, because I don't have any ties (and frankly I don't plan on ever wearing one)

13. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    never use them .. but I have one tied with its knot in just the right place to give the length I like

thats how lazy I am !!