1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Visibility

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XenaxGabby, Jan 5, 2015.

1. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Does wearing pride jewellery really make you visible to LGBT people? Last summer I bought a rainbow necklace but it wasn't distinguishable as a gay pride piece. I plan on buying something more colourful in hopes others will spot me. I'm getting tired of everyone assuming I'm straight and I figure this is a more subtle way without me having to say anything.

2. Randomcloud

I have a little badge that I stick on my bag that says "Yes Homo" xP Apart from that though...no..rainbow things are not my style as far as clothes/accessories go (unless I'm at a pride parade or whatever)

3. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I own a rainbow fur keychain that I occasionally wear when out and about, when not expecting any formal meetings. I find that people are generally accepting of this and have been approached on several occasions, as it is pretty eye catching.

4. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Actually I was looking on the LoveandPride website and found this really nice Erase Hate pendant, not rainbow-y but subtle. Plus all proceeds go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation.

5. CyanChachki

I've bought a few things, mostly for pride week though. I used to wear rainbow fingerless gloves with sleeves, I used to wear pins and necklaces and bracelets but I now just put them in a box and save them for the next year. Sometimes I'll wear them out but I'm not too big on the accessories anymore.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wear mine but the girls hadn't noticed but I noticed another girl who was wearing one .
    :lol:
    I think in the summer time many girls will notice my jacket seems to hide it a lot .:dry:

7. Skellington

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I seem to remember there being a 'purple bracelet' thing going around in the lesbian community back in the day…

A lot of my friends used to wear rainbow jewelry/belts/other accessories, at least when they were younger. They don't so much anymore, now that we're all older and they've been out of the closet for half a decade or longer even.