1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do dreams really have meaning?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mischief, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I really enjoy trying to interpret the meaning of my dreams. It may sound like a load of bull in the end, but sometimes it can actually apply to my every day life.

What aspects of dreams do you think have a meaning?

I'd love to hear some of your dreams and how you interpret them. :icon_bigg

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    oh i do think dreams can sometimes have meaning, i also enjoy trying to interpret my dreams like this weekend or thursday lol, i had a dream of dream, weird really and in the i was crying because someone died and on i think saturday night or sunday night lol i found out one of my friends brothers died, i was shocked and cried some, i guess having the dream cushioned the blow but it still feels weird

3. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I've heard that dreams where you die or another around you dies is because you feel guilty about something and the possible severe consequence that comes with it.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  5. Aro

Aro

They definitely have meaning. Psychologically, that is where you work everything out. There are a ton of fascinating dream studies. I love reading into them. They are all a part of you and have some meaning. Some of it can vary, but something general, let's say murder, signifies you are feeling a loss of someone in your life or are feeling betrayed. Winter and snow signifies something wrong or isolated. There is so much we can learn from our dreams. :grin: I love it! Glad to see someone else with an interest in such things! It's always been a passion of mine.

6. Mischief

Mischief Guest

It's such an interesting subject, huh? I've always loved reading about the meaning of dreams. I even own a dictionary of dreams. My family has always been really into discussing our dreams and what they could possibly mean, it's seriously fun.

7. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    oh that sounds awesome dude

8. Aro

Aro

I have a couple different editions of the dream dictionary, actually. I love the psychology. I think it's amazing that every person you have ever dreamed of is someone you have met in real life. Even just in passed. You subconscious stores that. I love the topic of lucid dreaming as well. There is so much that we don't know. There's a few scientists saying that it should even be called an alternate reality or dimension because we spend over half of our lives asleep and dreaming. A fair point, but wow.

9. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol, Arohk you read my mind

10. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Holy shit. BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH, COME BACK TO ME BABY

11. Aro

Aro

High-five, Peacemaker. c:

Sorry to say but that one went right over my head. *hides face* What does Bendelus Cucumberbutt have to do with dreams? XD I must be out of the loop.

12. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea me too, Arohk i dont know what he has to do with this either

13. Mischief

Mischief Guest

"Every person you have ever dreamed of is someone you've met in real life. Even just in passing"

14. Aro

Aro

Glad I am not the only one, haha. You'll have to explain I think, Mischief. Inquiring minds want to know! XP

Oh! I am not familiar with his quotes. That makes sense, then. c:

#14 Aro, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  15. Mischief

Mischief Guest

It was a part of what you commented x3

16. Aro

Aro

Yeah, I got it! Edited shortly after posting. I think we did at the same time.

Anyways, yes! Dreams! I have anxiety dreams a lot where my teeth fall out. I always grow them back pretty quickly.

Does anyone else have continuity in their dreams as well? I have a whole dreamscape where places are familiar and powers and afflictions and stories go from dream to dream.

I'd also like to know if anyone else can lucid dream. It's really hard to stay focused when you can make it happen! I've managed about 5 of them, but I think that doing too much of it ruins the fun of dreams since you can control everything. I like to let my subconscious wander.

17. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I'm always naked in my dreams. Or it's the other way around, and everyone else is naked and I'm wearing clothes. Though, I'm only displayed as female when naked and clothed when male. It sucks, I wanna see what my metaphorical manly body would look like. D:

Also, gay as hell relationships in almost every single one of them.

18. Aro

Aro

Interesting! It's the opposite for me. In most of my dreams, I am male where as I am biologically female. It's very strange when I start getting into dream relationships and I'm the dude. Goes with how I feel most the time and my gender fluidity, but it's still so strange to be physically a man in a dream! I'm always very happy.

19. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I love the ones that I'm a guy in. They make me feel so happy and good, like finally I am who I wish I was. They're always just... good.

20. Aro

Aro

I love the ones where I am a dragon or a different animal. I think those are always my favorite. Being something completely different. Flying, swimming, running. It's all so awesome. If I wasn't an insomniac, I would probably sleep all the times just for dreams alone!

But then there are the awful ones. I had one last night where there were creepy spiders crawling on the ceiling. NO THANKS.