1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arguments for people that equates homosexuality with pedophilia/incest?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MissRanger, Jan 6, 2015.

1. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

What would you argue if a person asked you if you support marriage between blood-related beings considering that you also support same-sex marriage? Also if someone argues that you have double-standard if you think pedophilia is immoral while homosexuality isn't?

The last statement is probably the most idiotic thing I've ever encountered. Although as far as for incestuous relationship I'm curious to know what others think about it. I know inbreeding can result in genetic disorder and such but what if it's mutual consenting where they come to an agreement where they won't have babies?

I would gladly appreciate your opinions... :grin:

2. Ryujin

I actually tolerate any consenting adults who wish to be in a relationship, including blood relatives, so yeah, I lose a lot of respect for that.

As for paedophilia, bring up consent and push consent as the major difference.

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well unfortunately I do relate pedoophilia (sp?) and homosexuality to an extent. How can I make the argument that I didn't choose to love guys I just do, yet say that a pedophile chooses to love young children? Just because homosexuality is more socially acceptable than pedophilia doesn't mean that the love a pedophile feels is any more/less valid than the love I feel. I actually feel kinda sorry for them because they cannot express their feelings.

LET ME BE PERFECTLY CLEAR the instant they actually touch a child ALL of my sympathy for them fades.

The difference between homosexuality and pedophilia is that a grown man knows what he is giving consent to, a young child doesn't. Therefore a young child cannot truly give informed consent.

As far as incest is concerned the law is there because the likelihood that genetic disorders presenting are a lot higher if siblings reproduce. If it wasn't for this I really wouldn't have a problem with it, if you're talking about a same sex couple I really don't see the problem because they aren't going to have children. I'm not saying that I feel it's right for me. I'm saying that if two gay brothers love each other then it's not going to hurt anyone any more than two gay guys who met by chance getting together.

I'm pretty sure I just gave a very unpopular answer so let the bashing begin

#3 redneck, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Incest I honestly have no problem with. It's their choice. Doesn't mean I'd do it (I wouldn't), but still.

Pedophillia is different because it involved sexual coaxing of innocent young children.

5. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If someone were to bring up this argument with me, I'd probably tell them to eff off. The argument is a logical fallacy in and of itself (faulty analogy, possibly ad hominem depending on how they phrase it), and when people resort to fallacies in their arguments, it's usually because either A) they're too submerged in their own opinion to listen to real logic or B) they know they're losing. And if that's their legitimate belief, then there's very little chance that I'm going to be able to change it by arguing with them, no matter how logical my argument is.

6. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Well if pedophilia is related to homosexuality, wouldn't it be related to heterosexuality too?

It's total bullshit, all of this.

7. antibinary

Two words. Informed Consent.

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Homosexuality is totally the same as the sexual abuse and/or rape of children. I can see the resemblance for sure.

9. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. Unlike pedophilia, most of the time it lacks the paraphilia factor. I doubt the need to explain this point further.
    Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder. It is a form of attraction, and does not mean that the person in question is necessarily a child molester, which is a term that can also be applied to people who are not afflicted by this disorder.
    Incest is a sexual activity. It is a choice two adults can make knowing full well the consequences of their actions. Difficulty comes with trusting people that they will make the right choice and avoid reproduction in such cases.

Please consider this when trying to argue the latter two In conjunction to homosexuality.

10. MouseKeeper

I have no problem with blood relatives consenting to sex. They'd have to be adults though. As for supporting pedophilia because I support homosexuality, I'd point out the fact that they used a straw man argument, and as for the double standard, I'd say "What double standard? Kids can't give consent to this stuff. They don't know how. They're KIDS! Two men DO know how. Two WOMEN DO. There IS no double standard."

11. CyanChachki

If someone wants to marry a relative, that's just fine. They love each other and they have every right to. The thing is, it has no relation to homosexuality. I shouldn't have to explain it to them because it's quite simple but seeing as they want an explanation. Incests want to be with someone in their family and homosexuals want to be with someone outside of their family.

As for pedophiles, it's wrong for a reason. Minors don't know any better. They don't know what they're getting into and they have a lot of innocence. Whether they consent to it or not, it could leave them scarred for life.

12. indiqo

this. totally.

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well like others I don't have a real problem with incest. I believe it's best not to produce children if you're very closely related because it is unfair to the children to have potential problems. Two consenting adults can do whatever they want with each other as long as it doesn't hurt others. So there really is no argument. They are going off the assumption that incest is bad.... Which is not my assumption, thus we first have to address the underlying assumptions and convince the person that incest is "okay," before you can make a real argument. But once that is established, incest is often more heterosexual.... Simply by numbers.

Children cannot really* consent to sex and that's what makes it different. It's really that simple...

*I say "really" because people in the USA may group everyone who has sex with someone under 17 as being a pedophile (even though the term is technically incorrect for older teens), while for example 16 and 17 year olds can consent in many (not backwards) countries, so who can consent varies, but it is typically agreed on that at least <14 cannot consent.

14. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My response: I don't have adult conversations with children.

15. MouseKeeper

I hear you. Believe it or not, I'm actually an indirect result of incest. I wish I was joking. :icon_sad: At some point in my family history, two cousins got married, did the waltz in bed, and gave birth to my great grandmother, and then she had my grandfather, my grandmother had my mother, and, well, here I am. Fortunately, the worst I'm going through is I have 1 developmental disorder, and 4 mental disorders:

1. Aspergers (a mild form of Autism)
    2. Bipolar Disorder w/Psychotic Features
    3. Borderline OCD
    4. ADHD
    5. Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

It's still pretty bad, but not as bad as it could be. Who knows, maybe I'm so far down the road that these issues aren't because of the incest, that they're a result of something else. I hope... :icon_sad:

#15 MouseKeeper, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Austin regarding incest.

As for paedophilia, it does raise the concern that they don't understand the concept of consent. You could easily derail them (rather, make them do what they don't expect in actually justifying and reasoning their argument) by forcing them to either admit they're making a nonsensical argument or forcing them to prove they're stupid or evil regarding why homosexuality is morally equivalent to raping children. Then you can pretty easily slam them with their cavalier attitude towards rape and/or their idiocy regarding homosexuality.

Even better, if they add the stupid caveat "I don't mind if you do it inside your own home in private, I just don't want to hear about it" for homosexuality, you can then pull them up by saying they support child sexual abuse if nobody's told about it by the same logic and their own equivalence of the two.

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think people confuse homosexuality with pederasty.

Then, people equate "alternative lifestyles" with all sort of "deviant" behaviors, like incest, pedophilia, bestiality, etc.

Lol.

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same-sex relationships between people of the same age range are based in equality. Pedophilic relationships are predatory by nature; there is no way the kid is benefiting from it the same amount as the adult is. And incest isn't inherently wrong so long as they don't try to reproduce, because that's not fair to the kid.

19. ChameleonSoul

I know it's been said before but I have no issues with incest as long as it's consensual and doesn't result in biological children. As for pedophilia, young children have no concept of consent, so the whole thing is off limits in my opinion, at least with prepubescent children.

20. Notlad

Mama always told me not to argue with idiots.