1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interracial relationships

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Jan 6, 2015.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi guys,

Will you consider being in a relationship/dating a person of different race/religion from you? :slight_smile:

Its yes for me. :slight_smile:

2. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, most definitely.

3. Hiems

Yes, I would be open to dating guys who are of different race and/or practice a different religion. That's a no brainer for me.

4. Quiet Raven

5. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont care what race he is and if he respect my religion i respect his

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If it ain't white, it ain't right~!

But seriously, I would. Race is one of the last things on my mind, when I'm around people. I'm not going to say I don't notice, but it's in the same manner I notice hair or eye color. I look, I see, I acknowledge, and then that's that. A few seconds at most.

Kentucky gets some flak for being backwards or full of rednecks, and it does have these problems at times, in certain areas, but it is also surprisingly diverse in parts. I'm thankful for being around a multitude of folks growing up, because I don't have a significant problem with racial issues.

As for the religious aspect, that honestly depends. How dedicated they are, how it is going to influence and affect the relationship, and so on and so forth. But I'd probably know this, after a short while, of being around and dating them. But in theory, no, I wouldn't have a problem. In practice, well, potentially.

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We just can't get rid of these threads can we?

No, I don't live in the 1950s.

I see you sneaked in the religion part though - dedication to conservative doctrines I would find problematic, but everything else ought to be ok.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a combination of physical, intellectual, and personality traits I'm routinely attracted to. I have a "type." It might be somewhat exclusionary, but I can't help what traits I'm attracted to. Even among whites or caucasians, there are certain physical looks and types of personalities I'm just not attracted to. I can and will be friends with anyone of any race, nationality, creed, lack of creed, age, sexual orientation, or whatever ... and I most certainly am or have been. Like I said, that means friends. It doesn't necessarily mean between the sheets. That is very much a matter of personal taste.

9. Jared

Of course, both of the boyfriends I've had were a different race than me, I couldn't have cared less about their race

10. Haim

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been in relationships with people of both different races and religions. I don't find it makes a difference really and is no factor for me, as long as I'm attracted to them the rest is irrelevant.

11. Acm

Acm Guest

Yes of course.

12. AlamoCity

Yes on race.

Religion can be problematic if they are devout and it caused them self-loathing and other issues where I couldn't help them for fear of coming between them and God. However, I don't have any objections to dating someone solely on their belief system. If I were to date a practicing Muslim/Jew, though, I might need a lot of pointers on at least keeping their food halal/kosher; God knows I'm not leaving pork :lol:.

13. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well considering I've been seeing a black guy I would have to say that there is a very strong possibility that I would date someone of a different race.

Religion? As long as he kept it to himself I don't see a problem.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No race is less prone to being physically beautiful, intelligent, driven or caring by heredity. No race is composed of people who look exactly the same or share extremely prominent traits - few ethnicities have such uniformity, let alone races, a very arbitrary concept.

Culture and religion would only really have a big impact in the long term. Anyone whose culture and religion are compatible with how I live is fine by me. I'd be willing to change things here and there for dietary requirements and religious ceremonies and so on. I might have to learn a few new things about the expected etiquette with their family and so on, but that'd be no discouragement as long as their family were bearable. A couple having to change habits to accommodate the other's religion as best they can is a lot better than one surrendering their background to assimilate.

15. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    With race I don't see why not. My mother had interracial relationships while I was growing up and I never saw it as an unusual concept. So if I liked someone it's not something that's going to stop me.

Religion is a tricky one. It depends on how much it would affect me/us. I'm not going to start following the rules of something I don't believe just because my partner does, that would be dishonest on my part. If they are willing to 'live and let live' in terms of us having different beliefs and approaches, then it might be ok.

16. Jellal

No, but that's because I don't date anyone.

Also ... I seriously doubt anyone on this forum would get up in arms about interracial dating. And from what I've seen religion doesn't seem to cause barriers between people in relationships unless you're going to be in it for the long haul. It doesn't tend to upset short term dates.

17. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm actually the opposite of the question. To be honest, I'm 98% more likely to be attracted to someone that isn't white.

18. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll date anyone of any race. Religion isn't an issue as long as they aren't too devout, because we would probably have lifestyle compatibility issues, and I wouldn't like it if they tried to convert me.

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There could be some generational viewpoints at play here. My answer was certainly not the popular one. However, it's all good. We should all do what makes us happy ... as it should be.

20. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. To me, love is more important than getting hung up over race. Religion is slightly different. While I am open to dating someone from a different faith, there are some religions that I'm not open to dating, like if they're in a cult or are a Satanist.

#20 PlantSoul, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015