1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just one of those days...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emmanuella, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Emmanuella

Having one of those days (or rather couple of days as it started yesterday)....

I get to work yesterday, feeling nice and productive, when a couple of my coworkers got into longggg discussion about dating/online dating/ being single in the winter and how horrible. They were going on about how impossible it is to find somebody decent today. Then suddenly. I felt SO SINGLE. I was perfectly fine (okay maybe not, not perfectly) being single until that point. The entire conversation just made me *horribly aware* of how single I was.

...not that I can do anything about it as I'm not the best "catch" at the moment. I'm aiming to pay off my HUGE 36000$ student loan in the next year and a half and am job hunting for my second job...so until I am DEBT free I am not the most "eligible bachelorette". (clearly I have no problem divulging very personal info with massive groups of strangers online.

Then there's another coworker whom I have a MASSIVE crush on. I'm perfectly cool around everybody else but I can't even have a normal conversation with her. Anytime she's around the thoughts in my brain turn to mush. I'm sure it must look something like this: :icon_redf:eek::love::icon_redf Well anyhow yesterday she was wearing this AMAZING smelling perfume and looking cute as usual...it's almost PAINFUL!!

Anyhow, this morning I randomly check the FB page of a girl I was dating last year... just out of pure curiosity. Always a stupid idea. Anyhow, the first post that I saw was a post from another woman I met online a long while ago. I didn't have the best of experiences with that woman, and now apparently the two are hanging out. Seeing the post just...startled me I guess?! It rattled my emotions and I'm not even sure why. I don't have any residual feelings for the girl I was dating and certainly not for the other one from online. I don't know why I care... or IF I care. But clearly it bothered me in *some* sense as I felt the need to come post about it here. ANYHOWWWW

Thank you EC for allowing me to vent. I love this place....
    NOW I'm off to actually go do something productive before heading to work!

2. White Knight

Thanks for venting.

While it might seems useless/unneccessary to some, I love those posts.

First you are feeling better (hopefully) after you vent on.

Second we all need to get reminded everyone of us has bad days/moments every now and then but life goes on.

Feel free to vent anytime you want...

3. Emmanuella

Haha yes, I definitely felt better afterward...andd I had a great/productive afternoon in many ways! :slight_smile: