1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.S. Passport...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kabuki, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Kabuki

Hey guys!! :grin: Most of you know that Quem and I are a couple. Well, we've been talking about meeting in person, and we agreed to meet this April. The problem is I'm having a bit of difficulty getting the money (all of it) to pay for the fee to apply for the passport. I talked with my parents, and they are not able to provide me the necessary money in time.

What I want to ask is... is there a possibility to pay part of the application and finish paying the rest during the process? I really want to go and visit him this year, and April is the best moment for us, since he'll be busy during the other months. But, right now, I might not be able to get the money in time to get the passport before April. (I'll have the money for the ticket flight in March though.)

So, does anyone have an idea if that's possible. I'll accept any suggestions.

Thank you. :icon_bigg

2. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not aware of how this works in the US but generally speaking there are two fees a person must pay. First one is the application fee which must be paid in full when applying, and the second one is the execution fee which must be paid again in full during application execution.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fee must be paid up-front. It's $110 for the passport application, a $25 "execution fee" paid to the Department of State, and then if you apply at the Post Office, they charge you another fee for their acceptance of your passport application.

Here's the website for the US Department of State's passport section. They can give you more information about getting your passport.

U.S. Passports & International Travel

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys for the reactions!! :icon_bigg It's unfortunate that the $110 must be paid immediately. =\ But we'll have to deal with it.

Thanks for the replies guys! (*hug*)