1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of person do you think you are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Virgo, Jan 8, 2015.

1. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Simple question.. What kind of person do you believe you are?

2. tulman

Honest, loyal, generous and love my family above all else. They're why I stay pretty much in the closet. I tend to make friends only with those who are like me. Not that I don't like the others, I just don't want to hang out with them. That should be enough to get me flamed. Wouldn't be the first time.:icon_bigg

3. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A gay one.

5. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    im what everyone thinks I am

6. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Meh idk really. If i had to descibe myself i'd say : Honest, Clumsy, laugh alot, energetic?

7. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I second that emotion...:lol:

8. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    loyal, honest, hard-working, funny, cute, hot, sexy, vain, energetic, and gay. That's pretty much it. I'm also an introvert but I exhibit some traits of extroverts so...yea

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I really don't know exactly how people see me.

But they probably find me cold and distant.

10. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My positive traits: Giving, often self sacrificing, laid back, easy going, open minded, extroverted (I list this as positive for the social benefits), loyal, honest, realistic, day dreamer, no drugs/smoking/not promiscuous (not that its bad if you the reader are!), excellent listener/counselor personality, good with my money/financially, responsible/mature.

My negative traits: absent minded, easily distracted, lazy (not particularly ambitious or motivated sadly), have PTSD issues from past that affect my romantic relationships, not the best at communicating my feelings/relationship needs for fear of confrontation.

Essentially, I'm an excellent friend, but as a romantic partner I do have issues with PTSD as well as find communication on my needs in said relationship difficult. Also I'm always horny but wasn't sure if I should list that as a positive or negative trait. :lol:

11. QueerQueen

Loyal, honest, stubborn, impatient, relaxed, emotional, observant, competitive, intelligent, secretive, pensive and humorous is what comes to mind.

12. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whatever I may write down it will consist of pure speculation on my side, because the opinion a person has of themselves is always biased. However if I am to share what my friends think of me, then that would be closer to the truth. My friends usually find me boring and analytical, they always take me too seriously and never include me in on inside jokes and fun activities.

13. CyanChachki

Good traits: Honest, Nice, Fun, Artistic, Introvert

Bad traits: Annoying, Rude (to those who are rude to me), Weird, Lazy

14. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    [​IMG]

/sarcasm

#about me

15. Zombi3

Loyal, hard working, caring, compassionate, bitch.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Well, that entirely depends on my mood, and the situation. Interestingly, many of my more positive traits can also be some of my more negative, like my ambitious and opportunistic tendencies, because they can be beneficial or potentially selfish. Really, my key issue is balance, and which way I swing when it comes to my decisions and actions.

I'm seen as intelligent-enough and strong, which are positive yes, but they can also be negative. For one, I can be a cocky bitch, especially if I'm totally 'in the zone'. Under the right circumstances, that cockiness can be endearing, but it can also be annoying. The same can be said of my knowledge, too. I'm not Nikola Tesla, I assure you, but I know what I'm capable of and knowledgeable in. This can turn people off, if that intelligence isn't being used for their benefit. A lot of folks just don't like being made to feel dumb, even if that isn't your intention; but I'm not going to sit back in silence, if something idiotic is going on.

I can be, if really irritable, rather snarky. I like to keep a playfully teasing attitude going on, but that can slip into harshness rather easily, if I don't keep myself in check. Also, some folks are so sensitive, they can't even handle a little prodding or a joke. My sense of humor is a double edged sword, as well. If you're not the target, you'll most likely find something to chuckle about, but if you are the target, some folks suddenly become offended. The thing is, I'm an equal opportunist with my sense of humor, so everybody, eventually, is going to get clowned.

I've been considered a secondary mother/sibling for some, because of how "different" I come off from most people (to be fair, this is around here, so elsewhere, this may not be notable). They say they trust me, because of how bluntly honest I am, and how I'll present multiple options, not just the "right" or "wrong" ones. They appreciate my acknowledging life isn't black and white, that it isn't always fair, and so they feel they can come to me. Amusingly, this has also landed me in more of a useful tool category, and less as an individual. There are exceptions offline, but only one of them is really notable, and there's other issues going on with her.

Finally, people around me, in person/offline, tend to speak of feeling a heavy pressure. That they feel the tension surrounding me, which is basically me making progress. I've come quite a way, but I have more to go, and some folks can either misread or be intimidated by this. I've had people tell me, they find my if-I-want-it-I'll-get-it attitude and successes as, well, demoralizing to them, because it reminds them of their own insecurities or inabilities. This isn't my intention, but you can't help everybody until they're willing to stop relying on ineffectiveness, as opposed to attempting effectiveness. Besides, I'm severely handicapped in this regard:

I'm a naturally mean individual (I have to work at being kind and supporting to others), filled with a dormant anger and apathy (my natural reaction to most things is to swat or put down something/somebody, but I work at not doing such), and wasn't raised in exactly the most nurturing of environments (It's really difficult to believe in receiving kindness, or in even giving it, when your parents did a terrible job at this -- it's potentially devastating thinking, if your parents can't give you love, why should anybody else?). If anybody should be failing at life, it should be myself, but I'm not, so, that should be rather inspiring.

Now, does that tell you what kind of a person that I think I am? Somewhat. It's difficult to really say. I don't know myself entirely, but I know myself the best, so take that for what you will. While I have a good idea of what I will and will not do, what I can and cannot do, I don't have a clear idea of if I'll ever do these/such things, because the right situation/opportunity/moment has not presented itself -- and this, I believe, is the most defining feature about me, as well as my greatest isolator from others.

17. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a prick. Well, that's according to my mother, LOL.

18. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

The kind of person you wouldn't bring to meet your parents.

19. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

20. Alive

loving, caring, charitable, kind. all things i do to hide my depression and insecurity