1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some people really annoy me...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NinjaInTraining, Jan 8, 2015.

1. NinjaInTraining

So our school is big on LGBT support. All most every corridor and classroom in our school has posters in them which say 'Mae rhai pobl yn hoyw, deliwch â'r peth!' Which means 'some people are gay, get over it!' Yesterday my year had an assembly on anti bullying and homophobia. It specifically focused on LGBT teenagers and difficulties they face throughout high school. There was a video we watched which talked about how being LGBT makes no difference and homophobia is just ignorance.
    Later today two of the girls opposite me in my history, were taking about a boy who had come out to a group of his friends earlier today. They were saying how disgusting and unnatural being gay was. They spent the whole hour going on about how they 'would hate to have gay family members' or how 'gay is just a phase'.
    I spent the whole lesson getting more and more angry, but I was too scared to speak up. It really annoys me how people can say stuff like this. Especially after having an assembly on it the day before.
    Does this REALLY annoy anyone else, and what would you have done?

2. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's indeed frustrating. I sat a whole class listening to some guys going on and on about how gay men are disgusting, while lesbians are sexy. I did speak up a couple of times, but as it was during class, I did not want to disturb other people.
    I then spent the rest of the afternoon (it was the last class of the day) feeling really down. However, I spoke to a friend about it and he made me feel better. In these kind of scenarios, it's not really that I take it personal (although I can't help that I do to some extent). I'm more concerned about the people maybe sitting there quietly, listening to that crap, while secretly being LGBT+.

3. indiqo

I think the majority of people here will be able to relate to your experience. I have sat through those conversations too with my blood boiling.

I would not have said anything to the girls, because I wouldn't want to be highlighted/isolated when school is so difficult to survive. but I would definitely never be around them unless absolutely necessary.

this! this is what you need to do. if you don't have anyone to talk to in person, then tell people here :grin: it's good to talk with people who understand. if you keep things like this to yourself, you can internalise it and things can become very dark and you can feel alone.

(*hug*)

4. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I REALLY fucking hate it when straight boys say that...:tantrum:
    Sure, two girls can love each other, but two boys can't? BULLSHIT!

5. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not only is it offense towards gay men, it's also offensive towards lesbians (and women in general). A woman's attraction to women is nothing but an enjoyment for straight men (I'm in no way implying that this goes for all straight men). Bullshit indeed.

6. ZenMusic

It annoys me to the point I open my mouth (which isn't a very good idea sometimes) but I'm one of those people who doesn't give a ho, so yeah. You can do one of two things : beat them with logic or ignore them completely and vent it out to a griend later. I have two girls called Brooke and Saffron in my class, and they are two of the dumbest people I've ever met, and they say the same things whenever they interact with me. Anyway, here's how you beat them with logic :
    You can either :
    Tell them that sitting on a chair is unnatural, and so is wearing make-up and using a phone and see their reaction.
    Tell them from the get go that there are gay animals.
    Again, ignore them.
    If they then say it's disgusting, tell them :
    A food you don't like but they do, and then ask them if they would like you to ban that food because it's "evil."
    Ask them why they care what two people do with their genitalia.
    Ignore them.
    Brooke and Saffron usually say they would kick out gay children. If the girls do this, simply tell them they'd better have a good explanation as to why one of their children is living on the street, and why they have failed to do their jobs, and just let them get on with it then. Hope this helped,

Zen