1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

awkward responses to infatuation confessions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by puppiesarecute, Jan 8, 2015.

1. puppiesarecute

What's your most awkward response to a, um, "love" confession?

Mine is literally with everyone who I don't like back because I just continue talking like nothing happened.
    For example:
    Me : Omg I can't believe avatar cartoons are OVER!
    Them: Just letting you know I have giant crush on you.
    Me: But the ending to Korra was fantastic and I am now forever obsessed with korrrasami, they'll probably be allowed to continue the relationships in the comics though because their publishers are pretty ok with that based on their other stuff, don't you think?

2. Toast8971

Well, my friend wrote on the backside of a piece of paper that he thought he might like me. At first, all I saw was an arrow on the front so I stupidly thought it was pointing at something. So, I scanned the hallway we were standing in up and down. About 5 minutes later I finally figured out to turn the paper over... I think I said "cool."

3. Emmanuella

My awkward response when someone snuck it into a textra was to brush over it/not respond at all until they brought it up a second time. Kind of horrible, I know. :frowning2:

4. Randomcloud

I rarely get those xD But when I have, my response is usually "oh. That's...I'm flattered but..I just like you in the friend way. Sorry. Sorry." *awkward silence* Luckily it has never been a close friend so I didn't have to deal with those complications

5. CyanChachki

(A friend and I where visiting at Tim Hortons)

Her: I really like you.

Me: That's cool.

Her: I mean, I have 2 other guys I really like too. (Starts talking about her intimate relationship with the both of them)

Me:....

Her:.. but when I asked David to date me, he said no. I don't think Ryan will say yes, even though I really like him. So do you want to go out with me?

Me: Not sure, I'll have to think about it.

- Literally the next day, she posts that her and Ryan are in a relationship. The broke up 3 weeks later but boy where they "in love".

6. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am usually pretty oblivious to such things. You need to come up to me and state for a fact that you like me, and would want to date, otherwise I would probably not get the idea. I usually assume that people are like me and when I find someone interesting, I make sure to inform them in a fashion that is analogical to throwing a brick at their face.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Rarely happens offline. It's usually infatuation or admiration, and less of a "OMG! I LOVE U~!!!" sort of thing.

Online, over the years, there's been quite a lot. Nothing in the hundreds or thousands, but a decent little chunk I'd say. However, many of those are, also, infatuation/interest/admiration and less of what, in general, we'd consider 'love'.

Usually, it's one of these three, that are behind any sort of declaration:

You're kind of useful to have around, I like that.

You're really cool! Oh man, I want to be like that too.

You're so... ___... I want to know more, so stick around.

I usually just take these with a smile and a thank you. The few times it's been more... well, serious, I tend to let them express themselves however, and for how long, they want. Once that's complete, we discuss it, and finalize/agree on something.

That said... while I know I'm pretty fuckin' awesome, I have a hard time truly accepting kind words/affection, because I don't believe I'm deserving of such. So, the more kind and more sentimental somebody is, the more those not-worthy thoughts trigger. I blame my inability to bond with my parents, as well as their inefficiency in raising me, which has resulted in this ego (how I feel/think) vs experience (what I've witnessed/confirmed) conflict of mine. Then tack on my past misdeeds and, well, you have a perceptional train wreck.

Now, my most awkward response? Well, none of them really. But my face apparently does something kind of amusing, when individuals get very nice or discuss any sort of positive affirmation, so, that counts as a response.

#7 Kaiser, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  8. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This hasn't happened to me a whole lot (read: maybe twice? three times?) but the one time. Oh man.

I'd just started dating my first boyfriend and a long time, good friend of mine told me she liked me. She told me about how she would always have erotic dreams about me when she was on her period and that she'd liked me for years, that's how she knew she was bi. I think my reaction was actually very reserved and appropriate. I said "why the f*ck would you tell me this now? I'm ignoring that this conversation ever happened" and we went on with our day.

9. Alvina

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This doesn't happen often, and often times I don't get the hint. I need someone to directly tell me otherwise I assume you have only platonic feelings for me.

The majority of my responses have been laughing nervously and asking why/what do you like about me-then uncomfortably going about my day. Most of the time, it's people saying "Oh, by the way, I liked you for a while.." and me facepalming and asking "Why didn't you say anything? I must have seemed rude!"

10. WallWeed

Well, the one time a guy confessed his feelings, we had a three hour (not even kidding) debate about why it would/wouldn't work. I did NOT want to come out, so I kept tip toeing around reasons why it wouldn't work, but he didn't want to take no for an answer.

Finally, after he continued to pursue me for nearly a year after that, I told him I was gay. He gave me a big hug, and hasn't talked to me since.

11. LiamP

Well...I always am oblivious to people flirting with me so its like it'll hit me when I'm leaving the vicinity.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2015 at 06:47 PM ----------

Being told by someone else that a guy is interested in you...hmm would be flattering but at the same time this closet of curiosity is locked from the inside, so automatically its like yeah no no I'm good thanks.

12. PurpleGrey

I've actually never once been confessed to. I've even only been asked out once in my life. I have however had those creepy schoolgirl crushes, so I think I can handle it in the off chance I'm ever the target of one.