1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soooooo happy!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psaurus918, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Psaurus918

I'll try and keep this as short as I can. I've known I was gay pretty much my whole life but haven't told anyone until this last year when I told a friend (I rarely see) that I'm gay. He's also gay and very much out of the closet. He told me once you tell one person it gets easier and easier I didn't find it to be. Second person I told was my friend in NYC (through text) I knew he wouldn't care, he's pretty down to earth and doesn't see race/religion. The third person I told was a friend from college, I knew her best friend is gay but I was still nervous as this was the first person I told in person. Of coarse she was ok with it.

As good as it was to get it off my chest the one person I really wanted to tell was my best friend and I really didn't know how or when to tell him. We've been really good friends for 9-10 years and have done almost everything together. We've been traveling for years and some of those times we had to share a bed and I didn't want him thinking back at those times and thinking "wow I can't believe I shared a bed with him" and getting mad.

Well the other night we got in a huge fight and he blocked me on facebook and told me never to talk to him again. Tonight I called him to see if he wanted to see the Hobbit (he's a big LOTR fan) before it wasn't in theaters anymore and he said yes. So we go to see the movie and he starts crying during the movie and tells me he feels bad he's been a crappy friend lately, I get all emotional and told him I wanted to go home. I get home feeling depressed and down and said screw it I strike up a conversation with him and said it straight forward "I'm gay" in which he responded:

Friend: "haha I've known for years. I'm pretty sure everyone does"

Me: "I don't care what they think, only 3 people know you're now the 4th I'd like to keep it that way"

Friend: "Yes. But i've been 1000000% sure for a LONG TIME and its ok dude. Actually I feel better now that you finally told me and its no one else's business"

(!)

Edit: I want to thank Empty Closets after joining this forum I've gained a TON of confidence.

2. Randomcloud

That's awesome!! I'm glad you've been getting good responses ^^ And I do agree, EC gave me the confidence to come out as well (that sounded like an infomercial LOL)

3. Psaurus918

Yeah! Next I wan't to tell a family member. Not really sure who I'm going to start with or when but its going to happen!

4. Emmanuella

So happy for you!!!!
    Woohoo for all the great responses :slight_smile: