1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What lotion/moisturizer do you use for the winter?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Jan 9, 2015.

1. AlamoCity

It's winter in the Northern Hemisphere and many are facing a brutally cold and dry winter. What brands or kinds of cream do you use? Are you sensitive to any?

-------------------
    I've always suffered from winter skin (to the point that washing my hands can sometimes be painful). Scented creams (like Bath and Body Works products) are really bad for my skin.

I use either:

Everyday Shea (unscented)
    Cetaphil
    Aquaphor

and for the most severe of cases (where my skin is so sensitive that the above are too harsh: pure Vaseline.

2. White Knight

I've used to use lip protector at harsh winters of old. Nowaday winters ain't that cold in here anymore. Our snowy times limited to days, a week at longest.

I don't have any problems other parts of my skin.

3. CyanChachki

Karma Kream from Lush. It does wonders and you don't need a whole lot so it lasts longer.

4. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not use anything. Right now the humidity in my room is around 32% and my right hand is cracked to the point where it started bleeding. Which is funny, considering it is not that cold here. I will think about plugging in a humidifier in the morning, but am afraid of how that may affect electronics in the room.

5. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My skin is really really dry and sensitive, and I was searching foor good lotion for a long time. Last summer I found one. I use Herbal Soft Lotion by Hollywood Style USA. I own 2 with macadamia nut and milk, and one with argan nut and honey, both have vitamin A. The first one is more suitable for sensitive skin though, but both of them smell AMAZING. I used to have pretty bad rashes because I am alergic to some fabrics, and it lasted for weeks.. but now when I use this, it's completely gone. Thanks God I found it.

6. Shazam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I use Jergens Original scent lotion, one of the best smelling lotions I've ever smelled. I use it everyday all year round and have been since I was a child.

Don't really suffer from dry skin. Just been using it since I was a child so i've stuck with it.

7. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I use coconut oil..works wonders

8. kem

kem

I use a vegan facial cream by Lavera every now and then, and a hand cream by the same company when the skin gets too dry. My skin hasn't been that bad this year so I haven't had to rely on them a whole lot though.

9. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bath and Body Works Lay It On Thick Shae Butter lotion. I love shae butter! I think it is the best thing for moisturizing dry skin. Awesome stuff! :slight_smile:

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't. I eat 3 meals a day, and watch my carb and sugar intake more so than my protein intake, to try to remain healthy, both internally and externally.

I so take vitamins, though - B-12, D-3, E, Zinc, and garlic capsules (not really a vitamin). Of these, E is supposedly good for your skin. I don't often get dry skin.

11. 741852963

I've been tempted to try either raw shea or cocoa butter, does it have any smell because I hate the smell of palmers cocoa butter products. And are they greasy?

On the more heavy duty side I've heard Cetraban is meant to be great for eczema, although I haven't tried it as its a little pricey. Lubriderm too, but thats tricky to get hold of here and very expensive.

I love the smell of all the Jergens products, I used to use them a lot. Its just a shame they ramped the price up, became hard to find and changed their packaging from a nice fancy looking tube to a horrid cheap, glossy plastic one that slips out your hand.

Its good, but I'm a bit paranoid to use it. One bloke with skin problems in my old job used to use it all the time, and he became somewhat infamous for the smell he wafted around the office. He smelt incredible to me, but didn't half get some comments from people "I can smell you before I see you!" etc! I'd imagine it grates on some people.

12. skittleALY

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My hands get so dry and cracked in the winter, the only thing I've found that actually works is Formula II lotion. Everything else that I've tried either burns, or doesn't actually help the dryness. It's made from only 7 ingredients and acts like a barrier to protect your skin. It does have a slight greasy feel to it and is a little thick, so I like to leave it rubbed in on my hands for a few minutes, then rinse them off under hot water and dry them off with a paper towel. The hot water kind of "seals" it in, leaving your hands still feeling smooth without having the extra greasy texture anymore. I've tried many other lotions before, including aquaphor and nothing has even come close to this miracle lotion!

13. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dermalogica products are really good...tho pretty expensive. I love their moisturizer, it's very light which is good for me since I tend to get oily skin :slight_smile:

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None, and never have.

15. AlamoCity

The Everyday Shea unscented I use isn't really greasy, compared to other "richer" products. Aquaphor and Vaseline are probably the worst in terms of greasiness, and the shea cream I use doesn't even come close. If you don't put a lot on, it will absorb well. Of course, your mileage may vary based on the brand and formula you buy.

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like CeraVe cream. Works really well, is unscented, and really gentle/non-irritating. I had a dermatologist recommend it after recovering from breaking out in dry,itchy hives and bumps from talking Aleve, which I'm allergic to. (so I found out the hard way) I think 12 oz costs about $16, and it lasts a long while.

So now I use it in the winter, as the heat running so much indoors drys you out. I think I'm easily drinking twice as much water.

17. Gallatin

No-Crack Super Hand Cream. Not very greasy, and the stuff works wonders for me.

18. PrairieRachel

Zum, Google it. A girls best friend. I milk cows and its -35. The stuff is great.

19. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Call me a hippie but I use plain coconut oil. Most creams and what not give me minor rashes and coconut oil is much nicer.

20. PrairieRachel

I just adore you.....Hippie! :slight_smile: