1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panti Bliss' TEDx Speech on Homophobia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey peeps,

As an avid watcher of TEDx, I was really excited to see them upload the speech given by Ireland's self-proclaimed "gender discombobulist" Panti Bliss. For those who may recall, she gave a great speech regarding homophobic oppression last year (see here).

Anyways, her TEDx speech is accessible below. If you have a spare 20 minutes, I would highly recommend watching it. Everything she says will resonate with many of us, but the way she can express it all in such a concise yet free-flowing manner is just amazing to listen to.

[youtube]hIhsv18lrqY[/youtube]

I'm hoping this is something that is accessible to everybody across the world. :slight_smile:

Martin.

2. Hiems

Thank you for sharing the TED speech. Definitely something worth watching because she reminds us of the many double standards that exist, e.g. holding hands for straight people = no risk of violent attack, holding hands for gay people = risk of violent attack.

It's sad that society is like this. I hope that things will change for the better.

3. PrairieRachel

Here! Here!:icon_bigg