1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Nice Guys"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WolfyFluff, Jan 12, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

From this, it's supposed to be a guy who pretends to be nice in hopes of getting sex in return.

Is that a real thing?
    Is it bad to be called a Nice Guy in this way?
    How would someone avoid someone who just wants sex from you?

2. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are a lot of guys who just want sex...You can't call them nice guys when they don't really love you...Careful with these guys...

3. Aro

Aro

I don't think it necessarily means sex; but from my experience, anyone proclaiming to be a 'nice guy' as self-appointed title is trying to be convincing. And that is usually a bad thing. Because most people don't have to TELL you that they are nice- you can find it out for yourself through getting to know them and making your own judgments. So it is a real thing to some extent, but it doesn't equate to sex.

How to avoid something who only wants sex is to look for any red flags that arise during conversation. Getting to know someone does not mean lavishing them with compliments on how sexy or any other choice of word that they are. While it's okay and everything to accept compliments right away, just be wary of where it can lead. There are usually quite a lot of warning signs.

'Nice guys' will often 'want you to give them a chance!' despite compatibility issues. A no is a no. Just remember that and you and everyone else should be fine, yeah? c:

Just my experience, of course. Keep safe out there!

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If someone's actions have forced them to resort to telling you that they're a nice person rather than actually showing it, you might find it prudent to ignore their words.

The archetypal Nice Guy has underdeveloped maturity, constantly guilt-trips you, considers himself as deserving of sex rather than lucky to have it from you, will consider niceness a payment for an implied end of sex (even if no such thing is mutually agreed or even nearly discussed). It sometimes has undertones of eventual abuse and complete disrespect for his partner, especially with guilt-tripping and the automatic expectation of sex, sometimes before a relationship has even been in the question.

It's not a good thing to be called a "nice guy" in that way, but even worse to end up with a person like that.

5. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Couldn't have said it better.

6. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait, I am confused. Nice guy? I thought the term was player. That sounds what we are talking about here. And players will try to convince you they are "really nice guys" not like those other guys you have been with and you can "trust" them. Yeah, right. If you hear this right away, it is probably bs. They are trying to be convincing. Actions speak louder than words. So yeah, if someone is trying to convince you what a "nice" guy he is, he is probably not at all. Not definately, but probably. I've just definately been played in the past, and I know the game...sorry guys! lol

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Nice guys" don't call themselves as such. They just do nice things. But it's their own fault if they get "friendzoned" because they never make a move.

For false nice guys, what? You don't exactly get called nice if you're a lying douche. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

This clears a lot of things up

9. Notlad

I'd say simply not putting out and see if they hang around. That should be an indicator.

10. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1:I don't know? But probably.
    2: there are some guys who are just genuinely sweet and nice, just because they're nice doesn't mean they always want something. Most of my friends say I act more asexual than gay, because I'm always so formal with everyone who I meet.
    3: to avoid someone who just wants to bed you, be honest and tell them about your doubts. "Are you being nice to be my friend or do you just want sex"(!)

11. ThirdEyeGaze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i think the real question is if they a being genuine or not.

if you say your not doing anything sexual and they stay as genuine and involved in the conversation as they were, they probs a nice guy

12. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For a good summary of the archetypical "nice guy" mindset, xkcd explained it better than I ever could:

[​IMG]

13. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Is different.. The so called nice guys are the tipical guys who dont have 'luck with the ladies' and whine about how girls only date assholes, they have some sort entitlement, they have this idea that women are bending machines where you insert niceness tokens in exchange of sex/romance.

A player use various tactics to manipulate girls into having sex. That includes 'niceness'

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2015 at 05:30 AM ----------

In fact, players and "niceguys" dont really think highly of the other...

#13 Straight ally, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  14. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Filip, thanks for posting the comic. I totally did not even understand what this thread was about, then I read the comic and was like "oh, those guys...":lol:

15. tulipinacup

I find it sad to be honest that the best thing that these guys have to offer is saying how they're "nice" and the expect in return to have sex or date them. Being nice shouldn't be a "reward" because you, being nice is something that is supposed to be natural. It's really weird how being nice these days should be applauded when it is supposed to be expected from everyone.