1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very new to this bi thing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fng, Jan 13, 2015.

1. fng

fng

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey gals and guys!
    Recently admitted to myself that yes, i like dudes and dudettes. I had a hard time with it internally because i always rejected the idea of being romantically attracted to men so hard that i hated it. Now that i've admitted it to myself, i love the new me! I'm looking for advice, tips, tricks, things to watch out for, and generally things to know to people new to this community. i mainly am looking for ways to tactfully find out if others are gay/bi. My "gaydar" is 100% un-developed. Really i'm just seeking friends or a community to discuss being bi/gay in general. its such a new and exciting world to me and the community seems so open and friendly i just wanna be a part of it.

If you have any questions for me here's some info on myself. I'm from South Dakota, I'm 21, I am a cavalry scout in the Army, i am very outdoors oriented, and i love all kinds of music (except country, sorry country). Thanks guys!

2. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! Welcome to EC. :slight_smile: I personally find it nice to interact with other lgbt peopke here. I hope you have a wonderful experience on here. I am glad you finally accepted your sexuality! It took me a while to accept myself as bi as well. As for meeting other gay or bi people; I don't have any advice for you. I only have two gay guy friends, and the only lesbian I know is uncle's ex wife besides gays and lesbians I have worked with in the past... but as far as close friends, I only have two gay friends. I have dated 5 bi women and 3 bi men. Currently with one of the bi women and one of the bi men. Of the other 4 bi women, I have only maintained a friendship with 2 of them and am not friends with the other 2 bi men I dated. I wish I did know more lgbt people in real life to befriend. :frowning2: The one's I have met have been chance meetings like at parties, friends of friends or coworkers, etc. It's hard for me to meet people in general though. I live in a small town, but everyone seems involved in their own things. Anyway, I hope you have better luck than me meeting people. Good luck! And once again, great to have you here! :slight_smile:

3. fng

fng

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! Yeah meeting people is tricky. It's especially hard because I'm currently not comfortable with coming out entirely with my situation in the military. Gonna make thins ESPECIALLY hard. From what I understand of the anonymous meeting sites they're pretty sketchy. Not sure how I feel about that. :/

4. White Knight

Welcome to the EC, Fng.

Hope you can find support you are looking for in EC.