1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hetero feeling more comfortable with lgbt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThirdEyeGaze, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ThirdEyeGaze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have only had heterosexual relationships so far although interested in having homosexual ones, I haven't had any.

so right now i mostly identify as a straight/curious man.(although right now i have no idea)

is it weird that i feel more comfortable around lgbt people, and feel awkward around my heterosexual friends?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really. Any minority group is going to be more sensitive to others who feel isolated than those who are in dominance.

3. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Not weird at all.

4. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Eh, given how awesome we generally are, I would say it's quite natural.

Your straight friends are missing out.

5. mangotree

Don't fight it.
    Whoever you're able to be the most honest, open and yourself with will end up being some pretty good friends.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

It's not weird that you feel more comfortable around LGBT people.

We can (note, "can", don't flame me) be a lot more accepting than hetero people.

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in a similar position to yourself. I think I am mostly straight, just a little bit bi, but I've always liked the lgbt community, now more than ever, since I have been here on ec since last year. Liking lgbt folks doesn't necessarily mean you are lgbt yourself; it could just mean you are a decent, open-minded and progressive straight guy. And we can certainly use more straight allies, that's for sure.

Or, this could also signal something deeper. Either way it's all fine.

Last year I was convinced I was much more bi than I now feel. There were times I even wondered if I might be gay. This year I seem to have shifted back to almost exclusively heterosexual feelings. I think the important thing is to realize that all of these orientations are perfectly ok, and just let attraction flow where it will. It's all good. :slight_smile:

8. JerryX

JerryX Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well of course it´s not weird. You are perfectly healthy young man, who respects and values individuality, so you are more than welcome. In straight world (so to speak) there are much more strict rules about how to behave and act, so I think that is what makes you uncomfortable there.