1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do about this guy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a junior in highschool and I'm gay and crushing really hard on this freshman it's really odd though cause he's like way taller than me and more mature looking you could say almost like we belong to each other's classes lol

But anyway I've noticed him for awhile now and just recently started crushing on this guy

In the cafeteria at school in the morning he sits at a table with his guy friends that's across from mine and my friend said she saw him looking at me when I was sitting down bc she knows I like him

We've also made eye contact quite a few times. Once a few weeks ago he looked at me and he did this weird lip biting thing and had a smug smirk on his face and looked away and today is the second time he's done it.

I don't even know if he's interested in me let alone gay bc all the guys he hangs out with are straight but I guess there's always a possibility he could be gay or bi and just afraid to let anyone no?

And I feel like I need to talk to him but like ever since highschool sophomore year I've lost all my confidence and have social anxiety bc I'm scared of being judged by people and I just hate my voice and the way I walk and everything I just wish I could be more confident at school and eventually talk to him..

But I don't know where to start it

Also once I walked out of a building and he saw me and like slowed down so I slowed down too and then he went slower as if he was waiting for me before I was even close to him it was weird so I just ran ahead...

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Well, try talking to him! Even if the two of you just start as friends you never know? I mean maybe he is gay but maybe he isn't. There is always that possibility, but if you can't be anything more then maybe you could try befriending him and remaining friends. Although I do get why you would feel weird, crushing on a freshman who you think looks older than you :lol: but in the end everything works itself out :slight_smile: maybe he is also nervous! Or maybe he just doesn't know if you're gay and doesn't want to scare you away :slight_smile:
    Best of luck with your crush! Although I don't think I was of much help?

3. Soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This helped a lot thanks for your feedback!! :grin:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't be like me and wait almost two years (my crush was 2 years older than me). I think the easiest thing is to first get his name. Stop wasting opportunities to talk to him, especially if you can find somewhere private. Your school is going to get way more hectic next year as a senior, so try to talk to him before the summer break. Try treating him first as a potential friend so you don't get so nervous. That means finding some connections that you two can talk about (my crush was in the orchestra with me, so I saw him most often at rehearsals).

5. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well at least talk to the guy. Careful though, he could be messing with you for cheap kicks.

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2015 at 10:44 PM ----------

I find that many people can be f*cks about the whole thing.

6. Soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What do you mean by "cheap kicks" and why would he do that?

7. The Aquarius

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have almost the exact same situation which is funny, and I know exactly how it feels to not be able to talk to crushes. It literally crushes you.

So what I'm going to try and tell you is what I plan on doing and maybe it'll work. I am waiting to out myself to one of my trusted friends, and hopefully they will go on and ask me about my crushes or I'll just tell them eventually and it'll play on from there however it might. They might help me talk to them or something like that.

I don't know if this is very helpful but it could give you some ideas on what to do!

8. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you need to talk to the guy to see if you share an interest like sports that's always a good start I know Its awkward sometimes but you have to start somewhere.