1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Pride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doglover44, Jan 15, 2015.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

A friend of mine wonder why we have a gay pride its because we want equality he wonders why there's no straight Pride

2. Bonaparte

Bonaparte Guest

I assume it's because straight people were never murdered, imprisoned, and terrorized for their sexuality; they inflicted it. Having a pride celebration for a group of people who were beforehand told they should hate themselves seems necessary; whereas these people never experienced that.

#2 Bonaparte, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sorry but your friend is ignorant doesn't he know straight pride is celebrated everyday every hour ?
    Your straight friend can turn on any tv channel and see couples or people like him /herself
    Your straight friend can hold their opposite sex partners hand without being attacked or arrested because it makes others uncomfortable or even worse killed .
    No one tells your straight friend that their attractions aren't normal .
    Your straight friend wouldn't have their family have a mental break down or get angry when they bring their opposite sex lover over .

Everyday is straight pride . :dry:

You don't need no pride because you already Got one .(tell your friend I said that ) :tantrum:

#3 stocking, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  4. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

This.

- To the OP: Your friend sounds like an idiot... No offense.

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2015 at 11:13 PM ----------

Exactly!

5. howsit

howsit Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Explain to him that would be the equivalent of having "White Pride" in a predominantly white society, where minorities are oppressed. It's like asking why white people never had a civil rights movement in the United States--there was never any necessity. There's no need to have "Straight Pride" because never in history have heterosexuals had to feel ashamed (the opposite of proud) of who they are, much less violently oppressed and killed.

I should clarify: never have heterosexuals experienced oppression for the sole reason of being heterosexuals; however, they may or may not have experienced it because they belonged to another oppressed class.

#5 howsit, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think they should and they can have ok their flag grey, brown, black, and white.

7. BelleFromHell

Bonaparte and Stocking took the words out of my mouth. There are no "straight pride" days or parades simply because they don't need any. Take music, for example. There is a countless amount of songs with straight themes, and thousands more being made everyday. But when someone makes a song with a gay theme, everyone loses their marbles.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's already one.

And the last time I checked, no one is trying to keep straights from being proud. Instead of being happy oppressed groups are gaining rights, you get those folks who feel "attacked" and a need to "hit back".

The exceptions might be those into BDSM, polyamory, role play, etc.

9. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What the above posters said...Straight boys already have all the rights they need because they follow what they call a "normal and heterosexual" lifestyle...Gay men actually have to fight for their rights...So, "straight pride" is a bunch of bullshit...

10. Notlad

Well.. they need to realize that some people have shame in their sexuality and some need to have pride in themselves and need to realize there's more like them.

11. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Because being the norm precludes them from having to endure any of the crap lgbt+ people have to put up with on a daily basis (likely for the entirety of their lives) therefore there's no merit in it and nothing to be proud of? Maybe.

Ask him when was the last time he felt he had to overcome something because of his heterosexuality. That should help him understand why there's not a straight pride movement.

12. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why would anyone want to celebrate normalcy and conformity? That would be extremely boring(not that the're's anything bad about being straight). :dry:
    Homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgenderism is "abnormal". A unique group of people deserve a special day to embrace who they are. People always love a rebel...
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

13. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Till a straight male or female is kicked out of their home, disowned by their family, killed for being straight, fired for being straight they need to shut the shit up and sit down.... :slight_smile:

14. Psaurus918

Yeah because straight people are so oppressed. I feel bad for them (sarcasm)

Ask your friend if he's ever gotten dirty looks for holding hands with a girl in public or kissing a girl in public or mocked then ask him how many times he's seen 2 guys holding hands or kissing in public and ask him why he thinks that is

15. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Straight people already have all the rights. Gay pride isn't just about being happy with being gay (and I have no problem if people are proud of being straight) but about overcoming the oppression in society,

16. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    If your proud of being straight then that's straight pride

17. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Also (not talking specifically about your friend now), it has always struck me as odd how accusatory some straight people sound when bringing this up.

Honey, "the gays" have nothing against you having a parade to celebrate your straightness. We are also not your congressman. Go write your actual congressman a letter about officially proclaiming a day to celebrate heterosexuality if you feel so strongly about it. We are not the ones robbing you of your straight parade. By any means, have at it. It's your straight friends who you should be asking "Why don't we make straight pride a thing?" Our validation shouldn't have any weight on that.

#17 Rawrzilla, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  18. Quiet Raven

To be fair, there are plenty of people who consider public displays of affection like that rude, and may give dirty looks, regardless. But it isn't nearly as common among hetero couples, so I guess that is beside the point.

But yeah... Many people explained it well already. I have nothing more to add.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because straight pride doesn't give the sense of unity that gay pride does. Most people are straight, so whoop-de-do, right?

20. Tohru-Chan

My dad has said something along those lines before and I'm just like "fine be proud of who you are...?" I mean everyone has the right to be proud of who they are. Straight people didn't have to fight to be recognized or accepted though.