1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anything you hate more than a homophobe? (That most other people don't hate)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I keep finding myself getting into more arguments with homophobes on the internet. I really need to get my mind of this.

Besides the general "we all hate racists and sexists", do you hate anything more than homophobes that most other people generally don't mind?

2. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Is there anything you hate more than a homophobe? (That most other people don't h

I hate no one I just hate what they think is right and I hate that I can't change the way they think....people can be so mean and ignorant but at the same time there are so many accepting people the problem is the assholes shine the brightest.

3. Burnedcloset

Re: Is there anything you hate more than a homophobe? (That most other people don't h

I do not like cheaters. That is another type of person I do not like. It's in the same league as a homophobe, Rascist, and sexist....in my eyes.

4. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Ignorant people

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Eh, ignorance can be cured and teaching someone is a special kind of good. It's willful ignorance or even eager withdrawal into one's awful comfort zone that makes me either wish for that person to have a wicked rude awakening, or to just write them off.

I wouldn't say I hate them except when they spread this attitude to others. When parents do it to their kids, it's the worst.

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Dumb people in positions of power. Louie Gohmert is a great example of this, and yes, I am "casting aspersions on his asparagus".

[YOUTUBE]DE4fCcsw6Fs[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]HAdGnvMKEYM[/YOUTUBE]

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

People who are ignorant to anything different. Like many Americans.

8. Psaurus918

Religious people that try to force their beliefs on you. The ones that throw God or The Bible into every sentence.

(I don't hate all religious people)

The extremely far right conservatives like Bill O' Riley, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter types

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Aside from the homophobic, the sexist, the racist, and the willfully ignorant, there is:

Abusers.

Especially when it targets the defenseless, or the weaker. I detest folks who use their positions of power, social status, or natural strength to "conquer" others. I hate folks who use these to instill fear or misery into others. I find it unforgivable for others to use these to hurt others, or for them to hurt anybody in general -- that is "undeserving".

Ironic, really, because that's exactly what I used to do.

I'm also not fond of the extremely divisive either. You know, folks from Camp A who say they are superior, or speak down upon Camp B-Z. It's one thing to not like somebody individually for what they do, but to bring in an entire race/gender/profession, is not only idiotic -- it's wasteful, and totally goes against progress.

10. Jellal

I'm hard pressed to find something I hate more than fascists.
    The whole idea and concept of fascism really disgusts me hard.

11. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Manipulative asswipes.

12. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I could talk about this all day, but here's a few examples.
    >Fascists and communists. Eugh.
    >Transphobic people who believe that transition no real and that I'm a delusional freak.
    >Religious Extremists, "Progressives for Jesus" (social conservatives)
    >Social Justice Warriors and radfems

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This is absolutely not an exhaustive list, but I'll have a quick stab.

Abusers, be they partners, parents or anyone else. Sexual abuse is generally the worst.

Militarists/nationalists/imperialists (often all three in one), their apologists and terrorists who target civilians. While terrorists tend to inflict immediate damage, militarists create political powder kegs on literally continental levels. If they lack foresight, they're stupidly evil. If they support arms races and other forms of escalation for the sake of their country, they're callously evil.

One step further, Fascists. I have no qualms with anyone who chooses to resort to murder when Fascism starts to take control of a country. Stalinists and Maoists come pretty closely behind, too, but I tend to find modern ones either deluded and uneducated or pretending to be communist in order to look edgy.

White people who think they're "internally Japanese*" or some such rubbish without having been raised in Japan or by Japanese people or naturalised. It's creepy and delusional.

*Japan being the most common example I've found, but there are plenty of others. Korea tends to be another cultural fetish for the club of pasty escapists.

Pro-queer allies and members of our community who clearly do not understand anything which they advocate. Those who argue for our equality who have no idea why or the broader consequences and causes of it are not helpful, even if I don't truly hate them.

Racists in positions of power or who serve as authority figures. Most today are very moderate; I've seen plenty of people whom I'd deem racist criticise UKIP or the treatment of the Ferguson killing as racist. They're the sort to make standards skewed against vulnerable groups, the ones who set the "moderate" tone of debate as one of slight but broadly-consequential bigotry. They're the ones to call for a calm approach, devoted almost creepily to vague ideas of free speech, secularism and scepticism, but with no self-analysis; the ones who treat everything they've learnt as neutral and their cultural biases as the natural state of human being. But they do that subtly, of course.

14. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Simple: Self-righteous c**ts :rolle:

15. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

People who let their ideology blind them.

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Heterosexists actually piss me off more than homophobes because most of them can be gay or straight allies. I can understand being hated by someone who doesn't know better or who isn't in my life anyway, but when you have heterosexist beliefs while being an ally, that is disgusting.

17. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I see where you're are coming from. I don't hate them. And I believe they are entitled to an opinion... even if it is destructive and harmful. Because I have harmful opinions as well.

But I LOVE... homophobes. I love arguing with them. If there weren't any... then all my fun is gone. I just like stirring up trouble when they show up. Westboro Baptist Church came through here one day on their way to... somewhere. I can't remember. I think they were heading for Springfield or somewhere in Indiana. But I started making out with my ex lover from college just to piss them off. Oh fun times. And the homophobes on the internet. I love them so much. They are fun to argue with.

But my most personal story, is when I was working at a diner/cafe. It was about maybe... 2 years ago. A friend of mine and huge supporter of the LGBT community were just sitting and having coffee. It was my day off at the cafe. But a customer had come in and talked to my friend. Now, I was 21 or 22 at the time. My friend was in her late 50s or early 60s. And this guy was either in his 60s or 70s. Ranting about gays. I still remember what he said.

The man: "I think gays should shot. They're nothin but a bucha perverts. Roaming around like girls."

My friend: "No. That's not right. Where do you get such crazy ideas."

The man: "It's what the Good Book tells us. It says it in the good book."

My friend: "Oh, that's bologna."

The man: "It's true. Queers are nothin more than diseased perverts that should be shot."

Me: (at that point I was pissed) "The one thing my asshole father taught me right was how to shoot a gun. And if you or anybody else plan on shooting me then you better not miss. Because, I wont." I looked that old bastard straight into the eyes and said it. The man gave me a dirty look and sat down three booths behind us.

My friend: "You shouldn't have said that. You could've lost your job."

Me: "I'm not in uniform and I'm not working. Plus, that guy isn't a regular. He has no idea."

I think that was the moment, I started feeling hatred for them. Not full blown hatred. But it was very similar anger and extremism that The Black Panthers in the 60s. Instead of "black power" it was "rainbow power!"

18. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Totally this.

19. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Gay men who act like a homophobe in order to hide their homosexuality...

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I hate rapists more than people who hate me.

I also hate trans-deniers more than people who hate me, because those people are just as if not more dangerous than people who hate me.

Adrienne