1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exercise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jan 17, 2015.

?

Do you exercise?

1. Yes.

29 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. No.

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. I used to/Sometimes.

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. *Looks at tummy*

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. On and off/Other.

13 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This has been a topic before, but it's been a little while, and I was curious as to what others did, when it came to keeping active.

Basically, do you exercise? Is it as much as you want, or could you do more? Also, what are some of your techniques and sets?

2. Rainbows~Exist

I used to got to the gym every day after school then my membership ran out... and I couldn't be bothered to get up and renew it :lol: . I do like exercising but with winter and Christmas and everything I've kind of stopped for now :/

3. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

5 times a week, upper/lower body weights and cardio - a mix of gentle jogs and HIIT using a weighted vest at the moment.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I exercise at home. I mostly focus on resistance training, but I do run occasionally too.

3-4 times a week for me. I try to keep active every day though.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I worked out over summer.... Every other day. I tried to continue when school began but I just don't have the time (in addition to the action exercise time I have to recover after, eat more often, and sleep more). Either way, my body seems to hate exercise. I always feel tired and crappy after. Even if I've been at it for a while.

6. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I usually do cardio and abs. There's a workout video that I do the days I can't go to the gym so I do stuff at home.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I try to keep active every day, to a degree, but how severe, well, that depends on what is going on.

Typically, I'll jog around the neighborhood a few times. This can last from anywhere to 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the weather, and the amount of free time I have. I don't really measure distance traveled, since that isn't really my goal; I'm more of an endurance kind of lady. I like to see how long I can go, before I absolutely cannot anymore. Of course, I do slow down the pace, because going 100% all the time... well, I like living too much.

I lift weights as well, despite this being counter-productive to my situation. Yes, I know, it produces more testosterone. Yes, I know, eventually, it will shape my body further from a neutral/feminine shape. Yes, I know, there could be other exercises I do to compensate for the previous two, but the thing is, I like to lift weights. It's an incredible experience to lift something, and it leaves me feeling like I'm a fuckin' champion.

I also wear weighted pieces, at times. I have a piece for the torso, one for each arm, and one for each leg. So, when I jog/run/lift, I'll wear the weighted pieces. I even wear these, sometimes, when doing push-ups or sit-ups. I wear them until I cannot go anymore, then I take them off, catch my second wind, and resume. I've even been known to wear these pieces, while just going about my day, for a little mini-workout, while doing something mundane like shopping or running errands.

The reason I focus so much on the weights is, there's something about knowing you're strong, that you can, if need be, protect yourself. I also enjoy kickin' a challenge's ass.

Then, there's my large sand bag that I punch/hit/kick. Again, I'll wear the weights at times, to add a little resistance to them. But most times, I tend to go weightless, if I really need to get some steam out. My favorite thing to do is run up the sand bag, then kick away from it. It's hard to describe, but it looks pretty cool when I glance in the mirror, LOL.

When the weather is warmer, I'll swim laps. No weights usually, though I have swam with the arm weighted pieces before, just to see how it would go. While possible, it's a little too slow for me, and I'm stuck doggy paddling usually.

I've been experimenting with holding out my arms, with weights in them, to see how long I can hold that posture. But this is more to test my limits, as opposed to any kind of physical benefit.

I may not be entirely comfortable with my biological body, but it is still my body. I want to take care of it, to make any potential transitioning easier, and for general health. Also, it keeps my emotional energies in check, doing something productive.

8. TheStormInside

I really like to walk, it helps me clear my thoughts, get some fresh air, and it's nice to be able to admire the scenery. Sometimes when the weather is nice I go on mild hikes. I very much enjoy being in the quiet of nature.

Since it's been so frigid it's been difficult to exercise outside lately, and because I want to commit to getting into better shape, I've gotten an inexpensive exercise bike for my house. I've only had it for about a week now but so far, I've gotten into a routine and it's going well!

9. tulipinacup

I run at least 5-6 times a week. I've recently started to do body weight exercises as well. Since I have a lot of free time, I try to be as active as possible.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (pokes doughy belly)

11. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Hell no.

I'm trying to gain weight and it's already hard enough as it is for me with my monstrous metabolism (I'm starting to consider the possibility of there being a wormhole in my stomach connected to some distant galaxy where everything I eat goes, feeding the expanse of an alien civilization where I'm likely revered as some Food God), I don't need exercise to further hinder (or set back) what little progress I'm achieving.

I will worry about sculpting my mass once I have said mass to begin with. In the meantime, the only exercise I'll see will be the opening and closing of my mandible in rapid fashion.

12. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have commitment issues when it comes to the gym. I had a year-long membership last year and went less than 5 times in total (such a waste of money :/)
    My flatmate has threatened to eat me if I do the same this year so I'm hoping I'll go regularly from now lol.

13. PrairieRachel

I have the farmersise method. Milk cows, clean stalls, haul hay, so on. Usually a three hour a day workout. In the winter carry water buckets as well. Never a dull moment. Keeps a girl trim..lol

14. I'm_Danni_x

Yeah i do, exercise is so important It reduces most risks of illnesses.

15. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Yep, I do. I usually run my steps from the back door to the farthest upstairs bathroom. Situps, Pushups and planks are my favorite. But of course you need to stretch first. That's not all but it's enough.

16. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bodybuilding and cardio.

[YOUTUBE]FxXU1f2AJNU[/YOUTUBE]

17. badluckfairy

I used to exercise 5 or 6 times a week on average until about 10 months ago. I only stopped because of being ill with Ulcerative Colitis. Can't wait to be better and go back. It used to be a mix of swimming, gym and fitness classes.

18. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's whatever. I basically like to walk a lot. Band practice keeps me in shape to. I do a lot of jumping, moving around, head banging will playing guitar. Plus I exercise before practice and shows. But outside of that... no. I don't. I'm usually pretty healthy.

19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, last semester I was in a P.E. class and that always exhausted me. And sometimes I go to the playground and I'm there for hours. And I take my dog for walks.

Mostly I'm really lazy though. I spend most of the day just sitting around and eating candy. It's hard to believe I'm underweight... :confused: