1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puzzles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Do you like them? You have any favorites? Any ridiculously annoying/hard puzzles?

I haven't put a puzzle together... in a long time. Not seriously, at least. I've attempted some but, for one reason or another, rarely finished them. However, in my youth, I always liked putting puzzles together.

Ideally, I'd like to work on a puzzle with somebody, maybe with a cup of coffee or a nice meal. I don't know, it seems kind of romantic to me. Then again, I'm a sucker for mental stimulation.

When it comes to puzzle difficulty, I'm potentially down for anything. But I've seen some 1,000+ piece puzzles that are notoriously tedious to put together. One of the worst puzzles I ever worked on, was nothing but candy canes! Once you got the edges done, which could take longer than usual due to the piece designs, everything inside of those edges was a nightmare. Every. Single. Piece.

As for favorite puzzles, I like the ones with nice scenery. But my single most favorite?

A puzzle that was the coronation of Napoleon Bonaparte, even if it was 1,000 pieces.

2. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love puzzles! But not just jigsaw puzzles, I like logic puzzles too. I regularly do an online white puzzle when I'm bored or feel like my brain is being sluggish. I love any kind of puzzle pattern though. The hardest one was probably the one my sister, mom, and I did of a 3-D Taj Majhal.

My favourite logic puzzles are sudoku and ... logic puzzles (I don't know if they have another name? The ones where you have clues and have to match 3+ things).

3. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to love puzzles but haven't done one in a few years, last jigsaw I did I think was of the Simpsons. It has to be something interesting though, I'm not going through all that putting it together just to end up with a boring picture.

I think my favourite would be one I did as a child of a lovely painted prehistoric scene which featured all my favourite dinosaurs, blue cloudy sky, volcanoes, water, forest etc. I loved dinosaurs.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't have the patience for them.