1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama's comin to town

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by epiphanies, Oct 27, 2008.

1. epiphanies

So, Obama is coming to town tomorrow, and my class has been canceled so that I can go. Too bad none of my friends will go because they are all republicans and aren't willing to hear what he has to say. Grr I want to go so bad, but it's at another college and I don't know the area that well, and I heard it's going to be REALLY hard to get into. Doors open 2 hours early, but I heard if you don't get there by 12, you're screwed anyways.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's probably why he's coming there, to win over those Republicans. :grin: I hope you get to go.

3. Nodnarb

That's exciting! I never got to see Obama when he came around, but my grandma went to see him twice during the primaries. She is so proud of the fact that she's talked to him....twice! lol :slight_smile:. President Clinton held a rally at our YMCA though. I wanted to go, but dad forced me to stay in school that day.:frowning2:

4. Paralyzer

Obama was in my city 2 or 3 weeks ago. Everyone at my school went crazy for like 3 days and they all wore their support pins they got at the rally. It was pretty cool because it's barely 4 miles away from where I live where it took place.

Sarah Palin actually had her speech in my city today... some kids skipped class to go see her. :/ haa

Nothing like this usually ever happens around here so it's cool I guess

5. revolutionrock

Do it!

He is an amazing speaker, even more powerful in person. I've seen him twice. :slight_smile:

You definitely won't regret being in the same area as him, hearing him speak, getting that nice feeling of hope. It doesn't matter if there are 10,000 people between you.

It is powerful.

6. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Obama was in my town last year and my friends got to see him...i was so jealous.

7. Nixon

Well I went to see nader when he was in omaha

8. revolutionrock

The ASU one? That is one I went to!

Even though there were about (it felt like) a million people there, it was 200 degrees outside, and there were snipers all over the place, it was still one of the most exciting times of my life.

:slight_smile:

And David Plouffe has a mean throwing arm. Haha.

9. Noah

Go if you can, you won't regret it!