1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawyering questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ryu, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Ryu

Ryu

Just a quicky, but I'll probably have more inquires later.

Well... Under the 2006 equality act part 1 section ten part 2 G it states that:
    In this part a group means a group of persons who share a common attribute in respect of the following matters:
    (G) sexual orientation

Does this pertain to romantic orientation as well or not? It's not specified and they are different things but...

2. AlamoCity

Romantic orientation isn't usually a well-known term outside of a select group of people. I am sure that if you were discriminated against based on romantic orientation, the person who discriminates would do so more on the basis of sexual orientation. I actually can't think of a scenario that would trigger relief under this Act that wouldn't be covered under "sexual orientation," "gender," and/or "proposed, commenced or completed reassignment of gender (within the meaning given by section 82(1) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (c. 65))."

That said, I am neither British nor an attorney :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3. Ryu

Ryu

Thanks.
    I can tell you aren't English by the way you write. England doesn't have attorney's.