1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Level N Human, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Level N Human

So - I notice there isn't a really active Hobby thread.

Do you guys have any interesting/strange hobbies?

I like to make books - By that I mean actually making little books from scrap (not writing them -hehe- although I do like writing a little too.)

Here's one I've crafted and illustrated:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please do share! Pictures and audio or whatever other digital-multimedia-accoutrements are encouraged!

Is there a fellow bookie out there?

2. Gumtree

Hrmm - I paint the walls of my rooms with murals when I'm bored.

Or I read medical journal or health magazines.

3. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i like surfing and going to the horse raceing

4. xequar

I'm a pretty avid cyclist and I do some tabletop RPG gaming. I LOVE rollercoasters. I also follow politics pretty closely in the U.S. and somewhat in Canada.

5. ArcaneVerse

I like to write poetry (im not that good but o well) I'm wanting to learn photography should be doing a course soon & I'm addicted to photoshoping.

Beautiful book, do you scrapbook & do other craft things as well? or just making books?
    great thread btw.

6. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read and write. A good deal. Only, I don't think what I write is quite suitable for EC, if you get what I mean.

7. ArcaneVerse

Fan fiction? :icon_wink:icon_wink

8. Apocalypte

I like to run, go to taekwondo classes, and listen to lots and lots of metal. :grin:

9. I write, both fiction and poetry.
    Music is a really big part of my life, I listen to music pretty much every minute of the day, what I listen to depends on my mood :slight_smile:
    I sing, both by myself and with other people, and in a band. I write alot of songs, but it is rare that I let anyone read them, and it's even rarer that I perform them, my songs are kinda like a journal of my feelings.
    I'm an artist, I love to draw, and I love random crafts, I go through stages, I'm really into quilling at the moment. I like using threads and yarns to make bracelets and the such.
    I love to swim when I'm able to.
    I'll read pretty much anything.
    I like to do lots of things, At the moment, I spend lots of time making cards for my lovely people on here :slight_smile:, I like to be busy.

10. SpacerX

I'm an avid music fan too. I play electric and acoustic guitar, and compose some stuff. I read lots and dabble with writing as well.
    Anything creative really, I used to love making and painting warhammer models, especially the LOTR ones.

My biggest hobby would have to be socializing though, can't seem to go a day without meeting a few friends.

11. Miles D

Been playing cello for 9 years, viola for 5 years, and I'm in my school's chamber orchestra, jazz ensemble, and in a clarinet quintet and a string quartet.

♫♫MUSIC!♫♫

12. J Schuelke

I try to write my own music and play guitar when I get bored. Also I do a lot of drawing. Basically, I am into the arts.

13. MLCarr

For fun: reading everything I can get my hands on
    For entertainment: building robots (i'm an engineer...give me a break!)
    Stress reliever: swimming laps
    Competition: mud football with my friends. :-D

14. Level N Human

That sounds neat - I wish I could paint the walls of my room, but this house doesn't belong to me and it's stucco, so it'd be difficult to paint on anyways. I've done some oil-painting, but I've never done anything large-scale. Isn't it pretty difficult to keep your proportions and things from looking warped on such a large surface?

Care to share some poetry with us? :slight_smile: I like writing a little bit too. I'm none too poetic, but I like creative essays (sounds boring as fuck I know).

I want to learn photography too; in fact I think it's required for me major.

Anyways, thanks and no I don't really scrapbook (I kind of dislike it in fact) or do many other crafts. I draw and paint, but no sculpting of anything, although I'd like to try that too.

How long does it take to make one of those bracelet? And do you make any rings? I've always wanted to take a jewelry-making or metalsmithing class - even though I don't wear jewelry myself; it doesn't really suit me, since I'm always in t-shirts or button-ups...

There's so many things I want to do now.. haha. ^^

It occured to me that I can't relate to anyone with hobbies that involve physical activities. Man, I need to get out more. The only slightly active hobby I ever tried to pick up was archery, but the equipment was way too expensive. :frowning2:

15. ArcaneVerse

Sure id love to share. i made a new thread so i didn't over crowd yours.
    http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?p=336315#post336315

16. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reading, being on the computer, doing hw (I know, lame), watching TV, hanging out with friends, going to the movies... :slight_smile:

17. Gumtree

I don't really do figures or landscapes so I don't have a proportion problem. Normally it's just random stuff.

Well that was until today. I didn't feel like going to school so spent 7 hours straight doing a 2m/square lead drawing of an oriental building with some random chick dancing on the pinacle.

Ready to paint the next day off.

And you're right, the proportions kept getting messed up, i ended up having to use a ruler for almost everything.

#17 Gumtree, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  18. buriedinhw7

I love playing the piano, not the instrument I'm best at, but something about the sound resonating from the piano is just so... amazing. I <3 my violin too. Lately my trumpet playing has turned into a dying cat. It makes me sad, but confuses the crap out of my poor puppy. He gets this quizzical wth was that? look heehee.

I also love reading, swimming, chemistry (I know odd.), and making drugs. The legal kind. Compounding pharmacy is my current passion in the world of pharmaceuticals. I mean it's nothing special, but when you're making a specially medication for a kid that has leukemia because he can't take the conventional manufactured tablet, it makes me feel good. And it's fun.

I sound like a nerd.

.... and I also like long walks on the beach.

haha sorry couldn't resist

19. lordjord96

science, dt, makeing things, cooking, reading ,going on EC, laptop, msn, mates

20. Louise

I have no artistic talent what so ever be it writing, painting, drawing, singing, etc :icon_sad: but I do enjoy doing DIY in my house. I am clumsy and drill holes where holes shouldn't be, hit myself with the hammer, bang my head on overhead beams and how many times have I electrecuted my self! :lol: etc.

Hobbies are not necessarily about things you are good at, just things you like doing! :lol: