1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video: How the worst moments in our lives make us who we are

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mangotree, Jan 19, 2015.

1. mangotree

2. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I cannot wait to watch this when I get home! I'll try not to write an essay.

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've actually seen this video before, I'd forgotten about it.

I love this and I completely agree with Mr. Solomon. The best way to know who you are and who you aren't, is to face adversity. Of course, adversity comes in different sizes but the result is generally the same. I think that's part of what it means to "build an identity", to know "I won't bully" and "I survived being bullied" becomes part of who you are.

Forging meaning is the hard part I think. It's active, you actually have to do something to "find the silver lining". I know a lot of people that focus too much on the bad that they don't see any good come out of their struggles, and it's frustrating! Because I think this is the most rewarding part!

The result is: every bad thing makes you who you are, and you rock! You have to rock it, because your awesome self is the result of your struggles. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing mangotree!