1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im building a skateboard

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by majorburt, Jan 20, 2015.

1. majorburt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, my group of friends got me turned on to skateboarding. If I do end up buying a board, ima do a custom build just for S&Gs. I'm looking for you guys' opinion on looks, brands, and just all around usability. The attached pic should be useful for at least a little info.

I've got the board size set to what I'll need.

Also, I should say, I have exactly 4hours of experience skateboarding lol. One of the reasons I'm waiting to buy the boarboarden tho I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it lol.

Attached Files:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I could help you. When I was studying in Utah, my university was on a mountainside, and you would always see skaters taking the bus or train up to the top of the campus and go downhill. I always liked the ones that had narrow tips to allow larger wheels (not sure what they're called).

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Longboards? They are the, uh, long ones that usually have narrow parts or cutouts so their big wheels can move in turns.

I'd love to have one except for the fact that I could only ride it on the sidewalk and have the incessant "ka-clunk ka-clunk ka-clunk" from the gaps. >.<

4. majorburt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ya, those are long boards. good for street skating and speed (thanks to the massive and usually soft wheels). long boarding is similar to snowboarding in some respects, but long-boards dont let you do too too many tricks. id like to see someone do an olly on one lol

what im looking at is a board that i can take to a skate park and pretend i know how to skate lol. im not good at all, but its really fun to mess around with it lol. within 10 minutes of my first time skating, i fell HARD on a drop in (im a little crazy when it comes to being "brave" lol)! thankfully i was wearing a foot ball helmet (of all things) so that saved me from cracking my head in two.

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2015 at 02:25 AM ----------

ya, and all the people on the streets. maybe a parking lot or something along those lines that's flat would be a better area lol

or you could get a long board. the larger wheels are sometimes just small rubber tires, so you could get over the sidewalk gaps better.

5. Psaurus918

I skated a little bit in Jr. high (10 years ago!!) I owned an Element deck and Alien Workshop deck both with Bones bearings, independent trucks, Ricta wheels but I'm sure every things changed since then