1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you find out you were gay or bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Closetbi21, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Closetbi21

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm just curious. I have for the most part been comfortable with my life and relationship only once in a while i want to like have a threesome. But I have never really wanted an intimate ongoing serious relationship with a man. I'm totally happy with my girl and plan to marry her. It's confusing because I'm happy the way things are and don't want a man in my life but I still have close relationships with my friends nothing sexual though and I do have fantasies every once in a while about men. But it's always with like another person in bed besides my girlfriend and I like a threesome. I never fantasize about having sex with a man one on one though. anyhow I think I am bisexual I have thought I was bi since I was 15 because I had a sexual relationship with a married couple which resulted in me pleasing them both frequently. But I developed an emotional relationship with the guy. This was sexual abuse so I don't know if that counts or not. But the thing was shortly after that I was mainly into girls and was fine just dating girls. I was fully sexually and emotionally attracted to girls but not really guys. I notice tall guys but nothing more. I never felt I needed to come out because I can only see myself being with a woman when it comes to marriage and family. I can't see myself marrying a man. So I don't see the point in telling. I don't even want to have man on man sex. So I feel like I am a closeted bisexual man but I don't feel I have many other options considering most opportunities that arise are heterosexual by nature.

Anyhow how did you know you were gay or bi? And why did you come out? Who did you come out to? And why did you chose them?

#1 Closetbi21, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. MrSkittles

I knew I was gay when I caught myself staring at other guys and kept thinking about guys but not girls. I came out because I didn't want to lie to anyone I know. So I told my friends because I knew they would be fine with.

3. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was looking at a picture of Liam Hemsworth and then I was like

"Maybe I like guys"

And I freaked out lol

4. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I got crushes or girls since I was little, which sometimes scared me and made me feel embarrassed, so I denied it repeatedly. Being gay or bi was out of question. I realised it when I started fantasizing and having sexual dreams about girls. That was about the time I was in high school and I had become more open-minded. I suddenly put the pieces together and wondered why I hadn't realized it before.

I came out to mother because I was overwhelmed by my realization. I wanted to talk to somebody and I knew she would easily accept the idea. She also reminded me that I had short of come out to her when I was 7. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Then I came out to a childhood friend who is almost like my sister, just because she brought up the issue. She's an ally.

5. Stripe101

It was kind of backwards. I grew concerned when I realized girls didn't interest me.

Being gay was just the next logical conclusion I guess.

6. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think, at least for me, it wasn't much about finding out that I was gay, but acknowledging that I always have been. I can go back and think when I was around 10 and having feelings for guys instead of girls. I didn't knew what it meant back then, and it didn't felt abnormal. It was through the following years due to social pressure that I hide those feelings until I came to terms with my sexuality.

7. Thelyingleo

I don't know that there was ever a time that I just knew.... I can remember as far back as I remember liking girls more than boys, when I was close to middle school and a bunch of friends & I were playing around on the monkey bars, and I recall watching the way that my friends body swayed back and forth and feeling really excited inside about her. That same year a boy snuck a kiss from me and I ran home crying lol! I think I dated men over women because it was expected of me, and not acceptable to be lesbian in a small rural town in the 80's. I always knew who I was, it was just hard to let others know. I told my brother first right after my senior year and we had a good time cruising and checking out girls... I told my 2nd brother next and he didn't have a lot to say at first, but then condemned me. I waited almost 20 yrs more before taking a stand last year and coming out again to everyone... and I did it because I will not live a lie, I will not deny that side of me that deserves to be loved, I will not be ashamed of who I am, and I will live my life to the fullest.

8. Closetbi21

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's one thing I'm not scared. I have a friend who is gay and we're very close I wouldn't ins being gay or bisexual I just don't feel it most of the time.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. Whisper

Out Status:
    A few people
    It was when I was talking to some lesbian and bi girls while I was in the hospital. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I knew something was up before that and I was always looking at girls, but I was deeply in denial.
    Technically I first came out to them, but it was for about a week long period before I was right back in denial like before. Just not as deeply, and if this makes sense, I was aware that I was lying to myself, so it didn't last for too long before I came out properly to my mom and a few other people.

11. Closetbi21

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have gay friends one I'm especially close ae to but I've never really felt any similarity. I do get pleasure out of performing oral sex on a guy well at least I did when I experienced the sexual abuse and I've known some gay guys that like the same thing but I don't find myself looking at another man or really wanting to be alone with him. For me guys are like a supplement? Like I am more attracted to girls but adding a guy I could imagine being with in the mix just makes a good thing even better. But not necessary at all.

#11 Closetbi21, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  12. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In Middle School, I started liking a boy in the school's football team...
    Also, I felt "strange" whenever I saw pictures of hot guys modeling...

13. Shostoppa23

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a sexual encounter and then later in life it came up again for me and reoccured often so I knew. Mainly when I looked at women after having been dating men.

14. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was questioning since eleven Came out at 21 or 22. But my rue discovery was when I seen another boy naked in school locker room and I got aroused. I was in high school. I was 16. Even then I was confused, so I decided to test my confusion again why looking up gay XXX stuff... and well... same result.

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Teen years ... right around puberty.
    Saw some R-rated movies with female nudity ... got aroused.
    Saw a hot male centerfold in a magazine ... got aroused.
    Thought about it ... got confused!

16. crazydiamond

I've always been attracted to women as well, but never really thought it meant anything. Now that I'm with a woman I'm leaning more towards being gay than bisexual. I can't even look at a man and get aroused anymore.

17. Tohru-Chan

I fell in love with my best friend. It was an absolute disaster. She cheated on me with a guy and they're married now, but, ahem.

I thought I was bi then, because I convinced myself (at my moms instruction) that I could find men attractive. Then I dated a guy. And, well, nope. Nuh uh. Not my thing!

Accepted I was gay a few months after breaking up with the guy. ^-^;

18. White Knight

It is more like it found me. I always interested in boys as long as I can remember.

Probably Gay Fairy regret the day it found me, I am the worst gay ever. :grin:

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

See, it's questions like this, where I wish I wasn't a virgin and could say:

"How did I find out I was gay/bisexual? Probably when I was orally making that sexy lady scream in ecstasy, while that hot fellow was gettin' it in, during that wicked awesome threesome... where we were all dressed in clown costumes."​

But no! I have to settle for this:

There was inklings here and there. Being bisexual, it was harder to detect at first, because you're kind of expected, by society, to be heterosexual. So, as long as I liked women (when I identified as a male), then it was okay, and I was being a good little heterosexual. All those feelings for men, well, that was just something that came and went.

But it never went, they lingered around.

One day, I just thought, I like girls and guys. Reflective pause. Hell yeah!

No super-sad sob story, no overcoming the greatest obstacle tale. Just... a fairly dull realization, really.

20. Psaurus918

Pretty simple I never got turned on being around girls or seeing "hot" pictures of girls, but guys oh yeahhhhh :slight_smile: