1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Silly Are You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Silly question, I know.

I'm typically a mellow and collected individual, on the outside. Internally, I can be a raging storm of frustration or a tremendously humbled calm. But every now and then, I can be silly, as in making stupid faces or making corny jokes. This is mostly offline, as online I often show this silly side a bit more, and as a result I have more of an effect offline.

When my typically stoic self cracks a joke, or sticks my tongue out, folks notice and tend to respond well. Even if it comes with a raised eyebrow, offline.

Basically, what I wanted to know is, how silly can you be? Do you ever just do something goofy for the hell of it, or to make somebody feel better? I've been known to make faces at babies or small children, as I work at a public library where they do frequent, but this isn't all the time...

... still, single parents find it endearing or pleasant, so it opens up all kinds of opportunities for me, even establishing some semi-friendships with regular patrons (and a telephone number or two, LOL). So, there are perks to being silly.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Deadly serious. Sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am never really silly, but I do love some unforgivably stupid jokes. Clever is great, but "the dumber the better" also applies.

3. Tohru-Chan

Guess What?

Chicken Butt!

'nuff said :grin:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This person gets it. :lol:

5. White Knight

I have my blonde moments if it is what you ask.

Mostly I am serious and despite other indivudals I use same tone when talking with animals and babies.

I love joking, making silly comments on things if I want to make people smile...

6. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    There was a moment a few years ago when it suddenly dawned on me that many of my silly mannerisms, either when I was deliberately being silly or because they just came out, closely resemble the character Mr Bean. That should tell you something!

In terms of telling jokes offline, yes I am silly but I am capable of being serious or of switching to more 'intelligent' humour if it fits with the company I'm in. I can't go for very long without telling a joke of some description or other, they do tend to slip out by accident before I've even noticed I've made one if I'm not paying attention.

I do this as well. Mainly because they look at me first so I can't quite resist. I'm not entirely sure why the little ones always stare at me but it's happened for as long as I can remember, my choice of clothing might have something to do with it but I think more likely it has to do with them picking up on something more subtle in my mannerisms that isn't quite the same as everyone else (see first paragraph!) When I see them staring the temptation to do a silly face is just too much. I try to be subtle about it just in case it turns out they've got some really stuffy parent that doesn't see the funny side but this has never happened yet.

7. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Life's serious enough haha! :slight_smile:

8. Psaurus918

Not silly but I do try to be funny most of the time. I have a pretty dry sense of humor tho so sometimes it backfires and its awkward lol

9. TheStormInside

I can get pretty silly, though maybe you wouldn't be able to guess it from my posts here. I come here generally when I'm feeling more contemplative, and subjects here lend themselves to that mind frame.

With my friend's 1 year old, I am a total goofball. I climb into cardboard boxes, read books in silly voices, and do all kinds of goofy stuff with his toys to amuse him. I love that little dude and he seems to know me as his playmate as I always get a big doofy grin when I enter the room.

Aside from that, I've definitely been known to make silly remarks. I enjoy spurting out non-sequiturs that jump into my head in conversation, usually involving rainbows and unicorns.

[​IMG]

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    EC's silliest person

11. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I am just blah... and other times I am pretty damn silly.

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a pretty silly person most of the time, though I tend to do it on purpose for the amusement of others.

13. Jellal

I'm extremely serious most of the time, except when I'm with my friends having fun. Then I let go of my overthinking mind for a little while. It's refreshing when I do, and I tend to say really ridiculous shit.

14. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Never to be honest, although some find my sarcasm and straightforwardness quite amusing

15. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am silly most of the time even though I can be serious when I need to be. I mostly use it to make others laugh and makin' fun of stuff is also how I deal with hard/painful things so I guess it's also some sort of therapy when needed to.

my humor is a mixture of very mean/dark to sarcastic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to come across extremely serious. People don't notice the sarcasm I give off. Silly is fun, though

17. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a serious, introverted pessimist, so I don't really do silly things at all. I make an effort to come off as laid back or lighthearted, but silly is just a bit too far for me. I find silly people fairly amusing/interesting though.

18. AAASAS

I'm the classical example of a depressed comedian. Everyone I know thinks I'm very funny even though I can be pessimistic.

I'm silly enough that I know I can make the majority of people laugh if I wanted, I even adjust the type of humour I emulate to match the person I'm talking to. So I take being silly very seriously.

19. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 55% silly on the first Monday of every month. This proportion increases linearly throughout the week, culminating in 80% silliness by Friday. Every second Saturday I am either 100% silly or not at all, Sundays are just random silliness, depending on the weather mostly...

20. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends on the place and who I'm talking to. If it's at school I'm usually serious because whenever I make the slightest attmept at saying anything funny I'm told that I'm an imbecile. But other than that, the more you know me, the more my silly side opens up to you.
    I have a dark and sometimes sarcastic sense of humor, and you need to have some knowledge about what I'm making fun of to understand it.