1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lessons straight couple learned owning a gay bar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gazwkd, Jan 21, 2015.

1. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

2. 741852963

Quite nice but dear lord, generalizing much though:

On straight men:
    I must be straight because I've never heard of Stephen Sondheim or "Pippin" until reading that article. I do know ALW did Phantom of the Opera, I don't live completely under a rock. And on that note my dancing style is best described as "socially awkward malfunctioning robot".

Seriously, did I miss the Orientation-orientation meeting? Who on earth is Garth Brooks, and why do so many gay people know his songs word for word?

I'm unfortunately frequently late for work, and yes its a grovelling apology from me. Its my own fault and besides, if I gave sass I'd be shown the door. Maybe I need to get work at this bar, hey?

3. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

I certainly wouldn't take the article to heart. I think it is supposed to be humorous and light hearted :rolle:

4. 741852963

Well hes described as a comedian so I figured as much.

Still though, light hearted or not, making jokes off stereotypes like that is a bit oldhat and not exactly helpful as its a bit ostracizing and patronising (to straight guys too!). Some new material would be appreciated.