1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deja Vu

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Anybody ever experienced deja vu?

Basically, have you ever been somewhere, or doing something, and the sensation or feeling of, I've done this before, settles upon you?

You don't have to provide examples, if you don't wish to. But I was simply curious, as I've had a few times where, an experience I've had could be chalked up to it.

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Déjà vu, it's a glitch in the Matrix!

Haha, had to do that.

In all seriousness, I've had that feeling many, many times. It must be something caused by the mind.

3. Tohru-Chan

It happens to me all the time.

Usually it's to do with a dream though. I have a dream and later on (anywhere from a day to a few months) what happened in that dream happens (almost exactly the same) in real life. Freaks me out every time.

4. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All the time.
    It's so weird because as things are happening and people are talking, I'm imagining it perfectly in my head a split second before it all happens.

5. Alt

Alt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have times where I am getting the deja vu that I am going to get later. To clarify, there are times when I have deja vu where I feel what is going to happen later, not just felt like I've seen this before. There are also times when I can pinpoint when I had the pre-vu of the deja vu I am feeling.

6. Yosia

I get it quite a bit.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course. We are creatures of habit. Statistics are in favor of us doing the same thing over and over again. Though, my deja vu usually involves some mistake I keep making, like putting hot cereal too long in the microwave. ._.

8. Burnedcloset

YOU GOT THIS SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD! I hope your happy about that! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_c5rqvSg4
    (Btw inna is the queen of dance in my book)

I do get the feeling once in a while. It's really weird. I don't tell anyone I feel that way though.

#8 Burnedcloset, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  9. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get it occasionally. It's weird because when it happens, I cannot for the life of me place where I might have seen/heard a similar situation before.

10. C P

C P

I guess if dreams/what plays in my mind counts. I've had several instances where I'd go through part of a day and think back... 'wait, didn't I picture myself doing this *x amount of time* ago?' What makes it strange is that the weather, etc. will be what I remember as well.

11. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    All the time.
    From dreams, it is only like a "screen shot" or a couple of seconds that I recall dreaming before. Like I get to a point see something and then realize I had dreamt that before. I used to just stand there really confused and freaked out but now I let it happen and then after literally scream "DEJA VU"!

12. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I get it all the time. I'll dream something, and I can tell in the dream that this is a deja vu, and then some time later (weeks, months, years) it'll happen. It's never normal stuff though, it's always stuff that is like...crazy dream stuff.

Example: I had a dream that I was staring at a really ugly light-teal colour metal door and all of a sudden it gets sprayed with mustard-yellow goop.

I don't remember how long later, I was zoning out in the tech hall in my high school, staring at one of the ugly light-teal coloured metal doors to the woodshop, when some punks guys raced down the hall spraying the walls/doors/lockers with mustard packets.

13. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely. I can't say "all the time" (that would be disturbing), but...regularly?

And actually, at the program where my partner and I met, many people were reporting deja vu almost daily through the whole thing. It was quite strange. Although I had quite a bit of deja vu myself throughout the program, the most significant thing was that I had dreamed about her for 6 years before meeting her, and was remembering quite a few places and scenes from dreams...but that's something else.

14. Magnemma

Magnemma Guest

I only get deja vu with places, usually some beach or river or lake. I think deja vu is you simply remembering that place from a past life.

15. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Occasionally, it's usually while talking to someone I know. It's a strong and startling feeling that the last little bit of conversation (my and their comments, or questions, or whatever discussion is about) happened before in the same location with the same words, usually it's a good 30 seconds of specific conversation (not just hey how are you, which could have been said a million times).

16. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes! Oh my gosh one time I has a dream I went to Home Depot and there was a girl with orange curly hair and hoop earrings and then the next day I went to Home Depot and there was a girl with orange curly hair and hoop hearing.

17. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It happens to me kind of often actually... It's a wierd feeling, almost like I had a dream of the exact moment happening. Whenever it does happen, I have to stop whatever it is i'm doing, freeze for a brief moment, and then continue with my buisiness.

18. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get this when I dream. Sometimes when I dream of an incident I think this happened before. Whether I'm trying to remember from earlier in the dream or real life it often is a false memory.

19. OMG SAME HERE - It's so weird, like, there have been so many times where I can remember something from a dream I've had before... I'm relieved to now know that this just doesn't happen to me because I was starting to think I was crazy lol xD

20. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It has happened a couple of times.