1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Randomcloud, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Randomcloud

Do you want kids at some point? (assuming you don't have any of course)

And would you rather have kids that are biologically linked to you or your partner somehow or would you adopt? Or don't care? Or don't want kids at all?

I'm just curious because I have my heart set on adoption since there are so many kids who end up homeless or unwanted- and for some reason my mom got really mad when I said I wanted to adopt and said "why would you do that?!" (I don't know why...I think she wants grandkids related to her or whatever...ugh)

2. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't want kids...Although my dad wants grandchildren...Sorry dad...

3. Jellal

I have never wanted biological children. I highly, highly doubt I ever will. I think I'm too irresponsible to raise any kids. But if I changed my mind and had to have a kid, I would adopt. I see no reason to bring a new life into the world myself—far better to care for those who are already here.

4. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Pretty much, I'm the same as you. I want to adopt kids one day. I actually told my dad and his wife this over Christmas and both of them kinda stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I got asked the "don't you want kids of your own?" which I hate. How does not spitting them out of my body make them any less mine? (Especially since I'm really if-y on even having the body parts that make that possible.)

For me, I can't see not adopting. Like you said there are so many kids out there that are unloved and in bad places. I just want to love them and give them the best chance possible.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boyfriend and I have agreed that we're more than likely not having kids. I'm a horrible babysitter as it is (especially when the stress goes through the roof), and that having a pet like a cat is probably as much responsibility as we can handle.

6. CyanChachki

No. The main problem is me, not kids. We all know how kids are and we all know that you need to have a lot of patience with them. I don't have a lot of patience and I can get irritated easily. I don't mind being around them in my home or in public but having my own is just not the thing for me.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Ideally, I could be okay with the idea. I'm not 100% sure about having kids, at least right now, or in the next few years. For one, I have quite a bit of things to finish, to take care of, and having a kid would, bluntly, delay or possibly halt this.

But I wouldn't mind in theory. I think it'd be kind of interesting, as well as beneficial, for me to have somebody to nurture and raise. But if they're anything like me... heh... it's definitely going to be one hell of a ride, but you know what, I'm ready for that.

Realistically, I don't think it will happen. At least biologically. For one, there's the whole body-thing, and secondly, there is my age. I'd like to be young-enough to do things, as many things as possible, with my children. It's a hard sell to tell a kid to be active, when you're not able to back up what you say -- I'd like to avoid that, if at all possible. But adoption could be an acceptable solution, and it'd allow me to opt for an older child, which would cut out the waiting years aspect. Besides, I kind of know how it is to go through life, with a practically loveless life. Nobody needs to endure that, it'll fuckin' ruin you.

I'd like a boy and a girl. Not sure who I'd prefer first, but that's pretty miniscule, when compared to everything else about children. I do know, I'm fairly decent with children, if I have about 5 minutes to observe and figure them out. From that point on, I know what I'm working with, and I can typically perform admirably.

8. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    100% yes, my boyfriend and I want to have kids. :icon_bigg We want to adopt, so we'll have to figure out how that all works.

9. timo

Ew no. I would be a horrible dad.

I'm way too selfish to throw away 18-ish years of my life in order to raise a kid.

10. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never had a burning desire to have them, so probably no kids for me.

11. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, I definitely want to have kids, but I want to adopt. Not now right now, but when I'm around 35.

12. Joelouis

I have mixed feelings on wanting kids.
    Yes, I'd like my own, and yes I'd like to adopt.
    Though what really worries me is the world we live in today is likely to get far worse tomorrow. Do I really want to bring up kids in an uncertain world?

13. Lazuri

I already have a son but me and my partner has discussed both more biological kids and adoption.

14. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

As of right now, I do not want kids. However, I know that that will change. I do not want biological kids because of genetic reasons, so I would adopt. If I end up with a woman who wants biological children, I would be cool with that.

15. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One day I might get a dog if I can afford it.

16. soag

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I definitely want kids. When I was younger I used to think I would adopt kids but the older I got the more I learned about the process and how long it takes and how much it costs. It seems like too much. I'm lucky to have a partner who is interested in being the pregnant one so now we just need some sperm. And some jobs...

17. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me, with kids? Hahaha, fat chance.

18. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This and top of the fact I don't really enjoy being around little kids.

19. RadioRoss

I'd be an awful parent. If i have kids, the same thing will probably happen with what happened to my parents and whatnot. I don't want to hurt my kids, emotionally or physically.

20. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I fully intend on being childfree for my entire life